A Letter To The Alexander Family and To Chris and Sky Hughes

It’s about time somebody said it for all of us.

Dear Alexander Family and Chris and Skye Hughes

I wanted to tell you for ALL of us, over 4000 all told on this blog that we all feel exactly the same way.  We see the travesty taking place in that Maricopa County Courtroom.  We see the travesty that this family is allowed to say with what seems like blanket immunity whatever it is that they wish.  We see them trying to do further damage to a man that we might not have known personally, but a man who we do know through his writings, his good works, his friends and you, his family.

We know what the truth is about Travis.  We know that all those things that living evil said were not true.  We realize that he was a man, simply a man conflicted by the teachings of his religion and his earthly desires.  We also know his inherent goodness, and his love for his family and for Napoleon and for his friends. We all know his generosity of spirit.   Nobody can ever take that away, no matter how hard someone may try and malign his memory.  They cannot because those memories you all have, they are real.  That was real.  His love and his kindness and his spark were all real things.

We have watched with a mixture of pride and awe the way you have conducted yourselves through out this seemingly never ending nightmare.   You have conducted yourselves with so much grace and dignity.

Please just know that we all of us know how very hard this is for all of you.  How it feels like it is never, ever going to end.  Try and hang on to the fact that all things end and this will as well.

I understand PTSD, we are old friends.  I hope Tanisha and Stephen that you are seeing a therapist and I hope that you talk to each other because who understands what the other is going through better than the other one who has it.

I had four brothers.  Had.  Four suicides which I am aware is not anywhere near the horror and pain of this horrific murder, but I get the desire, hell the obsession to create a legacy for that person.  Once you get some distance on this trial, things well start to normalize.

Tanisha.  Once this trial is over, I promise you that those pictures you have in your head, they will begin to fade.  They will.  I know that you don’t believe me, and why should you, you don’t even know me.  I know because one of my brothers shot himself in the mouth with a shotgun.  I saw that every time I closed my eyes for a very long time.  Then one night I closed my eyes and I just saw my brother.  I haven’t seen that other image except for a couple of times since.

In the event that it does not get the death penalty, know that her life is going to be hell for a very, very long time.  I know if I had a choice between being locked in a cage for the rest of my life or just dying, I’d be trying really hard to convince the Jurors that I didn’t have a single redeeming quality.  I don’t think it gets that jail and prison are two entirely different things.  It is going to have a miserable pathetic existence, away from the spotlight, away from those crazy people who follow her, away from everything that matters to her.  Or it will receive the DP and we will all breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Travis was such a special human being that an entire planet is grieving with you, is enraged with you, cries for you, hurts for your entire family and for ourselves a little because this special special man is someone none of us are ever going to have the chance to cross paths with.

We all want Justice for Travis and my god we all want peace for you.  We are, all of us so desperately sorry for the loss of someone so loved.

Chris and Sky:  I am so very sorry for the attacks you have come under on twitter by those fools who have sipped from the Kool-Aid and refuse to acknowledge that the thing they are worshipping is a cold blooded, evil murderer.  Please know that most people are inherently good and kind and empathetic.  Most people are thrilled that you have written a book about Travis.  I know that I look very forward to reading it.

We are sorry for the loss of your best friend and the pain that has caused you.  We are sorry that you got dragged into this and your names were maligned as well.

All of you, whether you know or not, you have an entire army of people behind you ready to jump to the defense of your brother and your friend whenever it becomes necessary.  Travis’ story made all of us want to be a little better, a little kinder, a little more giving.  That is the gift he left us when he left this earth.  His legacy will live on forever.  The evil that killed him will soon enough fade into obscurity and maybe everyone can move on with their lives.

We are sorry, we are outraged, we are heartbroken.  We all wish you nothing but the peace that you so badly deserve.

All of our Love

The Really Big Mean Dog Blog Family

54 Responses to A Letter To The Alexander Family and To Chris and Sky Hughes

1. Ruthanne says:

That was a beautiful, heartfelt post, and I’m glad you posted it, for all of us who feel this way. Thank you.

2. jackie hardie says:

Well said Kelly…. So many of us have been following this seemingly never-ending nightmare for so long it has become personal for us. It is like we know the Alexanders and we want their pain to stop. They are like family to us all now. I have complete trust and faith that this will end soon and your peace will be waiting for you. Be strong….just a bit longer.

hai Jackie: Thank you. It will end, and they will find peace eventually. May their God be with them.

Kelly, you put into words what the good hearts of so many people are feeling. I am proud to have you write those words – your words – for me because you said it far better than I could, I am so very glad that I know you.

Travis’ family has been a great example and inspiration for anyone who has suffered a monstrous loss – they have shown restraint, dignity, love, compassion, strength, and courage. The love Travis’ friends feel is also very evident and has been throughout these long, six years. To all of them, I say “May God bless you and hold you in His heart, until you can be reunited with Travis in heaven. Amen.”

4. hb beachbum says:

Thank you Kelly for speaking on behalf of all of us. Your heartfelt words are filled with love, inspiration and compassion that the Alexander’s and the Hughes so desperately deserve. May God bless them and fill them with healing and peace.

Thank you Kelly. I hope your words reach their hearts. I know they reached mine.

Well said, Miss K… you spoke for all of us…I hope they read it!

7. Debbie says:

As much as your blog often makes me chuckle, this is the most sincere, heartfelt, and wonderfully-expressed yet! You’ve truly said what we’d all like to tell Travis’ family and friends. In addition, I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through, too! You know of where you speak. We’ll done!

Debbie: Thank you. After the last couple of days, I think it is important that they know we are all behind them.

8. Patty OBrien says:

Kelly…I have been following your tweets and blogs for just a little while now. I came across one of your blogs while following this circus of a trial. I enjoyed it so much I went thru and read whatever you had posted on this site. I find your writing refreshingly honest, humorous and spot on! In this heartfelt and sincere letter to the Alexander family and friends, you say what most of us are feeling and hopefully they will find this. Hopefully they will feel the love and support from many many people who they will never even know. Keep up the good work!☺

9. achmelvichcastle says:

brought tears to my eyes, so eloquently said and thank you so much for expressing what is in all of our hearts for the Alexanders.

10. Beautiful, Kelly. Just…beautiful. Thank you for saying what we all feel. Hopefully it will reach the Alexanders’ and Hughes’ because I know they will appreciate your heartfelt words. ❤

Hai Sheila. Thank you so much. I hope I did this subject justice and I hope it somehow helps them to know that we are ALL in their corner.

11. Jodi J. says:

Very well said! I’m sorry for your losses too. I can understand a little. I lost my older brother unexpectedly, although not the same way, on 11/9/13.

12. Sharon H. says:

Kelly, That was absolutely beautiful. I am so sorry for your losses and heartbreaks you have suffered.

Thank you for bringing light to our lives through your blogs.

Hai Sharon: Thank you. And thank you for continuing to read even when my blog veers off of at one of the forks in the road. I hope I continue to do that for all of you for a very long time.

13. SpyKat says:

Bedtime for me but I just read this and now it’s Kleenex time. I did not know you had such a horrific experience in your life, my dear. I shall pray for you tonight even though it appears you have been able to recover some what, but who does not need a prayer. I love the fact that we have all become part of the Alexander family. I also believe that they know we stand with them. God bless.

Hai SpyKat: We have all become a part of this family. I hope they know that we are, all of us here fighting for them in whatever ways we have. Thank you for reading

14. Alice Girard says:

Thanks for writing this Kelly. I too found you during this trial and have devoured yes devoured every word you have written. I know something of what you have endured through your writings. I think if we ever met in person we would become good friends and i would welcome that. And no I am not a crazy stalker type…Some days your words are the only time i smile. i suffer from depression….i wasn’t born with it but that is a story for another time. Again thank you for expressing what i could not in a most eloquent way.

Hai Alice: I felt compelled to write it. There just is no other word. Thank you so much for the kind words about my blog. You are welcomed. I’m really glad you found this place.

Alice, I am “friends” with the “big black dog” too…thankfully, I have such a wonderful DH that I haven’t had a major fight with that Big Black Dog for three years…the best years of my life….I understand honey…don’t lose your faith that better times are ahead…I’ll keep you in my prayers…

15. Shelly says:

Thank you so much, your blog is spot on, you have a special gift and you use it well, please know how much you are appreciated.

16. Barbara says:

Kelly, no one could had said it better. Thank you.

17. Arizona Rose says:

I am not embarrassed to admit that I cried when I read this.
    Kelly, you encapsulated everything I myself would like to say to the Alexanders and the Hughes. It would break my heart if I were in their shoes and suffered the loss of a loved one in such a heinous manner. It is diabolical that Travis’s killer has done her best to also try and mutilate his good name, whilst they’ve had to sit by silently and listen to her spew her lies. May they rest assured that no decent, thinking person believes her. The Alexanders and the Hughes have risen above the cruel muck that the Arias supporters have thrown at them, and have at all times been dignified and an example to be hugely admired. I am so terribly sorry for their loss, as I am for yours too, Kelly.

I hope the Alexanders and Hughes may be comforted by the knowledge that so many of us from around the world hold them in our prayers and thoughts, and pray for this circus of a trial to soon be over.

Hai Rose: I’m not embarrassed to admit that I wept most of the way through writing it. I hope so too. I want them to know that the whole world has collectively wrapped protective arms around them.

18. Debra says:

That was a tearjerker, Kelly. I am so sorry about your brothers. What heartache you have endured. Thank you for speaking on behalf of those of us who care so deeply and are affected by this trial. We have been brought together by tragedy, connected by both the feelings we have developed for a man we’ll never meet and frustrated and enraged by the actions of the evil one. I hope the Alexanders & Hughes find peace & happiness until they see their friend and brother again.
    Take care, GOD Bless. Keep the writings coming. Thank you again.

19. karen30036 says:

Beautiful, just beautiful.

20. oh Kelly, spot on my friend. My heart aches for them. It must be brutal to sit there day after day & just look at IT. we get so angry sitting here on twitter behind our monitors~But THEY are the ones enduring this BS.
    I really do honor them~what grace they’ve shown & I do pray for them all the time! Beautifully written sweetie. Thank you so much.

Hai Happy. Thank you so much for the kind words. This letter was something I felt a deep compulsion to write. Thank you for continuing to read.

21. What can I say, after reading the most heartfelt message to those long suffering people. God bless them and their whole families.

You have a true gift, which you choose to use in cheering us all up, and hitting the right note to say what we all feel, every time we see the family’s torture in the courtroom. True heartache, real pain…..We can only imagine what they must be going through.

Thank you Kelly. Beautifully written.

Carole: I have nothing other than my heartfelt thanks at those beautiful words from you. Thank you so much for posting them.

22. reallybigmeandog says:

Hai Martini: It is the only way I know how to be. Thank you so much for the kind words and thank you for reading.

23. I can barely see through my tear filled eyes…..your words took my breath away, they were just beautiful! You made my anger with all of this take a step to the side, and give me a peaceful moment. If this has been hard on us, I cannot imagine the turmoil within them.
    It gave me a moment to remember that God’s ways are not our ways and in the end everything will work for the good…..that’s faith, and some day soon we will give him the Glory.
    I am thankful for people like you who give Travis a voice and in doing so comfort our weary hearts. Thank you for the ” time out”, it was much needed 🙂

What a beautiful thoughtful thing to say. Thank you for reading, understanding my intent and for commenting.

24. Very well said and how majority feel. Too bad we get sidelined by the pathetic losers who support her!! If right now we ALL stopped caring the skank might get it!!! Perryville awaits and heart cushy cell will go bye bye!!!

Hai Brenda. Thank you so much. It is unfortunate but it is the nature of the beast. We are curious animals. We need to know things. It is our desire to learn so that we may try and keep the monsters from out own doors. Thanks so much for reading.

25. Tyla says:

Kelly this is absolutely heartwarming – brought tears to my eyes. I hope the Alexander family and the Hughes find their way here to read what you wrote from your heart (and ours).

Can you feel the love here, people?! I sure can… ❤ Thank you, Ms. Kelly… beautiful-hearted, healing source of comfort and humor, humble, generous in spirit, wise beyond words…and one hell of a good writer!!!!!! You are dear to all of us who read, comment, and pause here for some daily respite from the manmade ugliness of the world! You bring the beauty in being alive back….good friend 🙂

27. Well done Kelly
    You’re a true word artist and a master of expression.
    I always enjoy reading your blog.
    This post was very emotional, very real, very awesome.
    -SCA

28. Katy Beth says:

god does work in mysterious ways. Not a day goes by that I have not said prayers for the Alexander family since I began following this trial. Your blog and your words are a comfort to that poor family and us all. what if this is God’s plan? the Alexanders hopefully gain strength from all of the support and again hopefully that horrid defendant, no matter what she does or says about poor Travis, he will still leave his kind legacy in this world and his family will gain comfort from that. so sorry for your loss Miss K. sending out love and prayers for you. Truly…

29. Chrissie A says:

As usual your writing is brilliant, but in this case perfect as well! I so hope that this reaches the ears of the Alexander and Hughes families. Also sending heartfelt hugs to you regarding your brothers, you are a brave soul and a breath of fresh air! Thankyou!!!

30. Mindy says: