Just a Sunday Blog

Hai everybody, tis me, your law professor/dean of fuckery/queen of mean and hopefully if things pan out supreme ruler of the universe at some point LOL. It has been a very quiet day in RBMD land. Quiet but nice. I hung out with my dogs and I refrained from doing the housework that I so badly want to do because I am trying to follow the orders of my cardiologist as much as I can. I know I slip every now and then, but I really am trying. I find I spend a lot of time just staring at my Christmas tree, because it fills me full of peace and I have no idea why. I didn’t think I would recognize peace if it bit me right on the ass, but I do and I like it.

The dogs are all well. They have been having an earmite problem, and the vet will not prescribe without seeing them and of course that is not an option at the moment so I did a ton of research and found a product called otoguard. I didn’t need a prescription for it and after only two applications there is not an itchy ear in the whole dog family. I even treated the cat and taco because those little fuckers seem to like all animals. Mya the French Mastiff had them the worst and her relief is absolute. Poor baby. They have gone from red and inflamed and driving her mad itchy to completely fine with just two applications. The prescription stuff that I was going to get would have been 75$ per two dogs and the stuff I got that has the exact same stuff just slightly lower pyrethrine percentage was $20 with enough to treat all the dogs for a month. And yes I did do an ear scraping and check under my microscope to make sure it was mites before I applied it. I was once upon a time a science geek so I have my own little lab set up here.

I did go out and get some more diesel today for the oil tank. Thank you again to all of you who have donated. Even if I can only do it 40 litres at a time, it is keeping me from freezing to death, so thank you to everyone who has donated to our blog. It is our blog. I could not imagine it without all of you. The comments are as fun as the blog is any day. I love reading what you all have to say, and if I don’t get back at you right away it is because I am having one of my moments and I am simply to tired to type. I will always do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.

I wanted to thank my friend BlueWhiteRed for so selflessly picking up the slack for me on the days I have been to unwell to blog. They seem to be coming more often and I am going to be very happy to get his heart bullshit sorted. I also have a surprise. Because blogging everyday is time consuming and hard when you put the research into it, Paul Saunders better known as the 13th Juror has agreed to help Blue out so that nobody gets overwhelmed or bogged down. I know that you all love Blue’s series on LWOP but I know you will equally love Paul. It bears saying again as well that if any of you want to take a crack at a guest blog by all means. I’m specifically looking at you Mama, Renae and Deb. I know you would make excellent guest bloggers. I am not in any way suggesting that anyone else wouldn’t, I just know that a lot of you are shy. I hope you feel comfortable enough here that Blue is inundated with requests for a slot. Once I am off for my new parts, if you feel of a mind just let Blue know and they will take care of having it published.

The last order of business for this evening. I owe someone an apology and I pay what I owe. Joe Santos made a comment about me that upset me. I looked at the comment, not the reason that he made it. He made it in defense of his friend and no matter how you feel about that particular friend, it is what any good friend would have done. Yes the comment was in bad taste. So was what I did. So Joe, if you see this, I am sorry for the way that I acted. I didn’t think, I just reacted. I know that you all think I was justified in what I said and did, but I myself do not and it is me that has to be able to live with myself at the end of the day. On this one thing I feel that I was wrong.

That is it for tonight my lovelies. I am calling an early night because once again I am exhausted for no reason what so ever, but my body is telling me to try and rest and I am going to pay attention for once.

I hope that you all have a great night and we will see what tomorrow brings as far as the adventures of Stabbyland go.

RBMD peacing the fuck out.

PayPal Donate Button

Hai. Please donate to the I don’t want to freeze to death fund.  All donations to me not freezing to death are greatly appreciated.

36 Responses to Just a Sunday Blog

If it’s possible, I have even more respect for you now…and that’s really amping up my respect to a level that almost no one has reached in forever. 🙂 and rest well, dear friend!

2. Adele says:

You are an honourable lady, with a talent for putting words to paper. Respect is earned, and you have outdone yourself with this mea culpa to someone who has brought so much grief. God bless you. Rest well, my friend. 😉💚

3. Connie Rust says:

Hi Kelly…..thinking of my new RBMD mug as I sit here sipping my hot chocolate out of a completely boring mug. I’m sipping my second cup of hot choc because the wiener dog ate the marshmallows out of the first one (the boy has no manners). That was after he chewed up one of the wise men in the nativity scene while I was out eating breakfast. Last year he chewed up baby Jesus so I guess the nativity scene is history after this year….what’s a nativity scene with only 2 wise men and no baby? Any bets on whether we will see a trial tomorrow or will Alfred E ask for yet another delay (maybe to find a replacement for cha cha whose goose has been so eloquently cooked by the Pitt bull)?

4. bobbie thompson says:

Ya just hadda go there. I’ve been wandering around now trying to decide what to say. Took a bath, made a coke, went to FB, all in an effort to decide what to say.
    I don’t know if you read my email but your thoughts are making me go to what I wrote you. I don’t know what happened between you and Joe as I didn’t see it. But I did see what went wrong between SW and me. So….
    I’m sorry SW if you felt I disrespected you two years ago. I disagree with your theories and I disagree with you publicly attacking people. It’s not the best way to behave. BUT… it’s not my business unless it’s myself you are attacking. Or a friend. I will refrain from name calling from this point on. I will be a bigger, better, more professional person. You never know who you may be hurting. If you choose to continue in that vein it is not my business.

Sorry Bobbie, but yes for my own conscience I did.

• bobbie thompson says:

Mine went there too. I feel sorry for the SW that was and don’t understand how she became the one she is.

• Deb says:

bobbie…I don’t know what to say to you to make you know that I will think about the mature and thoughtful example you have shown here – and that I will endeavor, to the best of my ability, to act in a similar way <3…but I hope you will see that your words had an impact on me!

5. Joe Santos says:

Seasons Greetings! 😉 I accept your sincere apology & I offer you mine & hope you accept it as well. I apologize for the awful things I said to you this year. It was childish & uncalled for, & I’m sorry Kelley. Continued success & best wishes for 2015. Happy Holidays to you & your readers. Shalom.

Hai Joe. Thank you for accepting my apology. I accept yours as well. I say we both just wipe the slate clean and start over. Here is hoping for a stellar 2015 for both of us. Thank you for the kind wishes and I wish the best for you as well. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

6. essem58 says:

Serious issues here in Sydney Australia, I’m watching from Adelaide

wahts’ going on Essem? You are safe yeah?

Is it the hostage thing that is going on? Is it a terror attack? That’s in Sydney right? If anything weird starts to happen like planes and shit you get yourself hidden Essem.

• essem58 says:

Yes 17 hour siege over now early hours this morning, I just woke up. 2 hostages dead plus the gunman a deranged Iranian self proclaimed cleric. 4 injured 1 serious. Hostages taken in cafe in CBD Sydney yesterday morning.

That is crazy. I’m glad you are okay but I’m so sorry for the families of the injured. Of course another “cleric” Fuck me.

7. essem58 says:

But on a lighter note, found this mug that would suit you and definitely me

8. essem58 says:

Bugger can’t get link to work, but it’s a mug with grammar lesson with fucking listed probably 20x

I am SO PROUD of you dear! Too late in life I learned that the BEST thing to say sometimes is “yes, you are right, I fucked up, I won’t do it again! Please forgive my error!” It takes a larger person to do that than it does to go the easy way…which is to be a mule (or a JackAss) and stubbornly cling to “being right”! The most difficult thing in life is to admit you’ve made a mistake…and that you’ve asked for (and received) forgiveness, you can look in the mirror and see the good woman that we all see. (And I don’t mean the SKIN part of you, I mean the part of you that only you and the Good Lord knows). Many folks try to “run away” from their problems…in truth, wherever you go, you are still there…usually dragging the problems with you! It takes intestinal fortitude to see “reality”, see your part, how you’ve contributed to the issue, and then, actually take steps toward resolution. Well done!

I once knew a man who said “all women are alike!” I asked him to explain…once he explained…I understood…it wasn’t that “all women are alike” as much as he TREATED all women the same way…causing “all women” to react to him in the same way! One he realized his contribution, he made changes,, and has now been happily married for 34 years!

I know Gramma would be proud of you too, Miss K! She would have kissed your forehead and enveloped you with her arms, and whispered “ya done good, honey” into your ear…(so, close your eyes, and imagine getting the best Gramma hug in the world!

Much love sent your way!

This blog, right here with this thread, has been inspirational to me. I sometimes (uhm, like maybe too often) get caught up in the emotions of “fighting for justice” and supporting people & causes I feel are being stomped on. However, and that being said, I must say how truly impressed I am by my fellow blog-mates and the good examples of professionalism, maturity, and kindness they have displayed. I am taking heed of all the good vibes radiating from here right now & will try to act in kind.

Merry Christmas & bests wishes to everyone! God has blessed this thread and the people here, for sure…

Hai Deb. I totally agree that we are all of the people here blessed. We all somehow across the whole huge internet managed to find each other.

11. BlueWhiteRed says:

I never thought I’d be ending 2014 laughing and seeing the sun so much. I know my family didn’t think I could. Thank you for so much, Kels, and everyone on (all) our blog. Re the apology: humility, in the long run, is a stronger indication of bravery than a weapon. Be well with yourself. Please let me know when any of you want to submit a guest blog. I never thought my friendship with Susan could be useful instead of head scratching. Or interesting. You guys have interesting lives, trust me. Just let us listen to your thoughts, or something we might not know about. 2015 has good things in store, as you can see. Semper Mel and simply, Thank You, Kelly. Thank you all.

Blue, you seeing the sun and laughing makes me about as happy as anything ever has. That is what this is all about. All of us, coming together, helping each other and having fun.

12. Ruthanne says:

Hai Kelly! I too spent yesterday with the dogs and put off the housework, but I didn’t have as good a reason as you. It was actually not a bad day for me, my pain level was lower than usual, and I HSOULD have gotten the cleaning done. I think I felt like just this once, rather than do all the stuff I NEED to because I feel up to it, I’d like to enjoy a day of relaxing without much pain. Counter intuitive I guess, but Usually I use the good days for labor activities and the next day I feel so much worse, and when I relax it’s because I’m in so much pain I have no choice, so it isn’t REALLY relaxing. So yesterday I relaxed without pain, and actually enjoyed watching old movies and munching out.

I’m glad you are listening to your body and giving it the rest it needs, keep up the good work. Also glad you got some heating fuel, your body needs that too! So very happy to hear you are enjoying that tree even more than you expected to! 🙂

I love a woman that can take care of things herself, and what you did with the dogs is just another example. A microscope in your lab? LOL More self sufficient than I suspected. It’s funny how we can take care of those things ourselves much of the time, for a lot less than others want for the same service/product.

And finally, you never cease to amaze me with how often you are able to be the bigger person. I will leave that there. I am all for taking a vote, maybe while you are off getting new parts, for making you supreme ruler of the universe, at least our little part of it. 🙂

Be well, Your Majesty.

Hai Ruthanne: Yeah I used to be quite the lab rat. I was going to cure cancer. I love science and used to have quite the lab set up. Thanks. Have a great night.

13. Martini13 says:

Please take care of yourself & rest as much as you need to! Btw, you giving a shoutout to apologize is just another reason why you are truly a class act! 💕💕🍸

14. Class act Kelly! It takes a strong person to realise they are wrong. It takes an even stronger person to admit it. You my friend, are a superhero (first step in becoming Darth Vader’s nemesis and the supreme ruler of the universe I hear). Good luck with your surgery. Ok Nurse education time here: :p Remember to do your breathing exercises (can’t emphasise that enough!) and DON’T over do it. Don’t worry about feeling tired after wards and falling asleep. Kips and Nana Naps are normal post cardiac surgery. You’ll be up and about in no time. Oh yeah, some of my patients tell me that they have a different temperature post surgery, it does get back to normal but when everyone is freezing they are hot as hell. That’s just a result of them cooling the body down to 32 degrees C. Also some of them complain of changed tastes of food.. so any foods you don’t like try eating them and see what happens. That also goes back to normal. Again Good luck Kelly….

Hai Rosemary: Thank you so much. I think I”m going to be fine and since I only eat poptarts they better not taste weird or I’m screwed. lol. I just want it to be over and get back to myself.

15. Kelly, glad to hear your best tree in the history of the world is giving you peace! Nothing like staring at something beautiful to the point you’re filled with joy. So happy for you. Sorry about animals. Mites are a bitch! LOL!
    Thank Blue and Dave Sanders for stepping in and letting you get some much needed rest. Happen to like both of them. Very imagine engaging writers! The housework can wait. It’s not going anywhere. Always wanted to be “Bewitch” for just that reason. Haha! Take care….

16. Debra Ross says:

Don’t know if you will get this Kelly but I found & have just finished using a home made recipe for ear mites & infection for my new shepherd puppy….simple & cheap….Mineral Oil & Apple Cider Vinegar….mix as much as you think will work….it does smell & is oily but as long as the ears aren’t raw & or bleeding ( the vinegar will burn) it works like a charm! Just soak a cotton ball with it swab & sqeeze the cotton ball so a lot will drip down into the ear canal….eye dropper full etc.also…whatever works for your dog the best…clean out the ears as goo as you can & repeat as much as necessary until you see no more dirt which is the ear mites & or infection. Now this isn’t a overnight fix it took a couple weeks of keeping the ears clean but it does work! No vet visit with a high dollar vet bill!