LWOP 6 – Doing LWOP Outside the (NOT) AZ State Prison-Guest Blog by BWR

(Or, Aftermath)

Hi everyone, Good Luck to your Super Bowl Team! Associate Professor for Real Life for Felons, BlueWhiteRed here. I wanted to begin with this classic line, because it’s actually true, “I haven’t written lately because there has been nothing noteworthy to report.”

Last post regarding Visiting Susan at the (Not) AZ State Prison really did a number on me. I remember typing the ending and becoming angrier than I felt at the time. The word “selfish” kept rolling over and over in my mind then, and when I typed it. More so today. I’ve talked to Susan on the phone twice since I posted that chapter and she was THRILLED and wanted me to send her a copy. I got off the phone and told my wife that Susan really is the most one dimensional person I’ve ever known. And then Mrs. BWR and I talked for awhile about my waning support of Susan. So I’ve been back here, trying to figure out any other interesting tidbits about LWOP that a female inmate could possibly expect. And while I have been researching AZ specific policies, my wife made a very off the cuff remark that again, I was researching what’s in it for Jodi and yet I never speak much of the other side of the gate. And she’s right and it really has made me think. So apologies if you wanted to read about babies being born to women handcuffed to the gurney, or fights over shower time. I thank Kelly in advance for just letting me talk about the other group who has to do Life Without ANY Possibility for Parole, the victims. I do mean the actual victim(s) and, by extension, the loved ones, friends, etc. Of course, I do not consider myself a victim of Susan’s crime, even peripherally, just a shocked acquaintenance. I do not presume to know how a victim or inmate’s family feels. Just to be clear.

I didn’t know Susan’s victim or his family at all. I didn’t live in his town but the area is somewhat small. Also, at the time of the crime and subsequently, I have not lived in that state. Some of my family did and still does. But once I had read police reports, testimony, etc, I have known exactly where this occurred, and where all the families lived, etc. I can picture it, if you know what I mean.

I told you in the beginning I wouldn’t discuss identifying details about Susan and her case. Last post, I disclosed I believe she is guilty, and have thought so for years, once I got over the complete shock, dismay, denial (those 12 steps of Grief?). I don’t and really can’t discuss or ask her questions because the phones are recorded/observed and there wasn’t time in my 1 hour visit to ask probing questions. In her case, justice has been served. She just won’t ever accept that. That’s on her.

Where to start? I have continually made the comment that AZ is a lot more conservative than Susan’s state, so even though I find Susan’s LWOP very strict, I take a little comfort that Jodi will be more uncomfortable regardless of her fate, LWOP/DP. But Susan’s victim’s family, has not been given the same courtesies of the AZ Victim’s Rights Bills. Let’s call the victim Kenny Mitchell. The Mitchells have suffered greatly in the last 20 years or so. So has Susan’s family; I know this personally. But, in all fairness, when I write about a Victim, I mean Kenny Mitchell. Some podcast I listened to made another off the cuff remark that I really grabbed onto. She said, “When I speak of this crime, I always use the victim’s name (not the defendant). “ Most of the people in my in-person life do not know the name Travis Alexander. Even my VA Psych knew the name Jodi Arias. He said something like, “Isn’t she that girl who killed her ex-boyfriend?” He knew the most basic of information but didn’t even know Travis’ name. It made me think. Aileen Wuornos: Name any of her victims without looking. (I can’t). OK, how about Aaron Hernandez? (I fumble his victim’s name, but I basically get it right. I’m not proud that I have fumbled.) One more for my Canadian readers: Luke Magnotta? Who is his victim? I didn’t even come close on that one. And I followed the case. Shame on me, really.

Kenny Mitchell had 2 parents who loved him, 2 young siblings who adored him, a wife who saw the good from the “bad” about him. He was a personable guy who I would describe as the guy who always owes me a beer, always has a joke or a funny story, does a little pot, and TRIES. He had a couple of very young kids from different mothers, was mostly financially irresponsible for them and yet, I keep coming back to the word TRIED. He went to a local trade school a year before his death, became licensed in his field, and found he was in demand. It wasn’t fun or exciting work, but it (still) is a trade in high demand and I bet Kenny enjoyed not having to explain his minor scrapes with the law to the HR department. He was never convicted (or charged) with a felony, just fyi.

He was murdered.

He came from parents who, like mine, “pulled themselves up by their bootstraps.” In doing research, I have found that my opinions have been completely reversed. My family and upbringing is so much like Kenny and the Mitchells, yet we had a more Susan’s family-like life. I don’t know how to explain that. It just makes sense to me. When Kenny was killed, the police had ZERO direction other than he was, as I described above, the guy who probably owed you a beer, money, a joint or an explanation why he was sleeping with your wife. Since I have a wife, I can tell you this. If I found out Kenny was sleeping with my wife, I would punch him out, accept my punishment for assault, deal with my wife’s need to be with Kenny and move on. I still probably would like him a LITTLE. He just was that kind of guy.

I am sure you want me to discuss Susan and Kenny intersecting and motive but it’s not germane. This is about Kenny, not the crime. I hope you understand because I have declared that, from now on, I will type Travis Alexander more than Jodi Arias. I am probably done with this LWOP series because it now bothers me more than I imagined giving Susan any publicity at all.

It took the police years to connect the murder dots from Kenny to Susan. She just didn’t appear on their radar. There’s a saying, “If more than 1 person knows, then it ain’t a secret.” True dat. (My kids are cringing somewhere after I type things like that.) A lot happens in a year, post-crime. The Mitchells had hope. They had faith, both in God and in The System. They actually wondered about those connecting dots before anyone else did. Their faith kept them from dying a little each day, I daresay. Mr and Mrs Mitchell held onto each other, instead of a just as common response – push away in grief. They agonized telling Kenny’s younger siblings, who couldn’t understand how this could have been deliberately done. Still don’t, I wonder.

And Mrs. Mitchell got ANGRY. She joined a group (I can’t bear to type the Jodi T-Shirt word, although it would be correct) and forced changes in communications between the police, the State Attorneys and the Victim’s family. But she had to sit and wait out the investigative process, the phone that never seemed to ring, and, agonizingly, the arrest itself. That, from warrant to arrest was about 4 months, and the Mitchells were sworn to secrecy. Only Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell and the law enforcement agencies knew a warrant had been sworn out on Susan. I don’t think Susan’s attorney knew. I can’t imagine waiting 4 months for ANY kind of action, should a loved one of mine be killed.

My dad didn’t know the Mitchells personally but he described to me once that they were “Salt of the Earth” kinds of people. Just ordinary. middle class people who paid off their house in 20 years and worked hard and went to church on Sunday. Mr. Mitchell wasn’t one of those group kind of guys and, from reading his words and seeing his picture numerous times, probably wore out his teeth grinding them.

At trial, Mrs. Mitchell was ordered out of the courtroom because she was on the witness list. She had to sit at the hallway door and thankfully, members of her group sat with her. But sometimes she sat alone. Mr. Mitchell, the 2 kids, and Kenny’s wife were not witnesses, so could attend trial each day. It was a several month long trial. Thankfully, for the Mitchell’s grief, it was not televised and there was no Twitter (!) at the time. I say thankfully, because I am trying to think of their loss, not mine that I can’t go back and watch it on YouTube. I was overseas when the trial occurred, so read updates in the local newspaper online (which was in its infancy, too.) I will admit I was reading for Susan’s sake because, as I’ve said, she just was not someone I could remotely see being on trial for her life. This didn’t involve drugs/alcohol and it wasn’t a mistake. She did it. She murdered someone. So now, looking back, I wish I had been reading those articles with the Mitchells more in mind. I surely can read them now, but it’s not the same. For, during a trial, people tend to take sides. It’s ok to admit it, that’s human. Had I been living there, I would have attended and I would have sat on Susan’s side, even when the truth began creeping uncomfortably into my rational, “can’t deny THAT” side. I still hold shades of this being a terribly bad dream but when morning comes, it’s still there, in my face.

Or, more importantly, in theirs. Mrs. Mitchell has since passed away and I think about Travis’ grandmother. While Mrs. Mitchell died of a diagnosed disease, how much of her resistance was worn out post-murder? I can’t think about his Grandmother much; I don’t know her at all but when I see her picture with Travis, I am destroyed. I can just tell that Travis’ murder and the defendant’s completely unconscionable flowers/letter murdered her, too.

Because I can, I look at Kenny’s wife, his kids and siblings’ FB pages. His wife’s life is best described as a leaf in the wind. She has just ‘gone on’ but not with much direction. His siblings are young adults and, from FB anyway, seemingly adjusted and following the “normal” path of life. But they’ve been stained by Susan’s actions forever. In simplistic terms, it’s like when you hate the song, “Call Me, Maybe” (Son #1) and then hear it everywhere, all the time. These kids grew up wincing every time someone mentioned their brother, the case, or even just turning the TV on and Law & Order is on. It’s really agonizing to look at Kenny’s kids on FB. On Father’s Day, his youngest daughter posted a picture lying on top of his gravesite. I haven’t gone back to his kids’ pages since. It feels voyeuristic.

I feel like I’m leaving out chunks of other things I could write but for once, I want to ignore the usual subject and remember Kenny Mitchell. And Travis. And their families. And just say that my heart today, will be full of prayers for them. Whether LWOP or DP, the one thing on my True Crime Wish List is, the inmate should have to look at a picture of their victim(s) for the rest of their life. Because somehow, the victim isn’t as newsworthy as the inmate. How tragic.

32 Responses to LWOP 6 – Doing LWOP Outside the (NOT) AZ State Prison-Guest Blog by BWR

1. shenson1209 says:

Thank you BWR. That is so true. In the JA case it has all been about her abuse, her rights, her feelings, HER, HER, HER. Travis Alexander is only mentioned when they vilify him. When do his rights become important.

We live in such a disposable world. If something breaks, we don’t fix it, we get a new one. Not only would I like to see the victim’s picture hanging in every murderer’s cell, I would like to see a picture of the victim hanging in the courtroom for the whole trial.

• BlueWhiteRed says:

You have such a point about the disposable world….yes, would love the courtroom pix and yes, he’s called a VICTIM! What’s the nonsense about not being allowed to refer to Travis as one?! Thanks as always, Sharon.

2. Samantha says:

Thank you BWR for this post. A nice reminder that everyone involved is human. I like that you always bring it back to Travis and his family. That’s what it is about.

Looking forward to Monday and more of Juan in action! It is just mind-boggling how long this has gone on,

• BlueWhiteRed says:

Hi Samantha, thanks for reading/commenting. It really is about Travis. I’m all for her fair rights, but enough is enough. She got her fair trial. Travis deserves a fair outcome!

3. slw says:

Really good Blue. A good perspective we should all think about. Was the four month delay from warrant to arrest just due to lack of police determination? How torturous.

• BlueWhiteRed says:

Hiya, slw, thanks for always encouraging me to write, I ‘preciate so much. The delay was due to being written initially for one location then being found in a 2nd. Extradition/administrative snafus…..can you imagine keeping that quiet?!

4. Tyla says:

Wonderful read BWR, and yes it is tragic that the victim is always non-existent. I try very hard not to get pissed with this trial because of what they have done to destroy Travis’ image. When they talk about an admitted convicted killers rights I want to scream …. this trial can’t end soon enough for me. I can’t imagine what the Alexander family goes through every day in that court room of horror. Hopefully like you stated above Travis gets a fair outcome, I think that’s what we all want.

Part of me wants her to get LWOP so this way she will never be able to harass/torture the Alexander family again – if she get DP she will torture them forever with her appeals.

• BlueWhiteRed says:

Hey Tyla, thank you very much. It’s a shame we (myself included) need to remember the Victim. I feel I know everything that one could know about JA, yet scratched the surface of the real Travis. The baloney doesn’t even go in my ear, frankly. Like I said to TrulyUSA, below, I will never understand allowing humans but not their emotions into a courtroom. Re her outcome, she’s such a psychopath and will quickly “read” the situation and chameleon herself to it. As much as she disgusts me, she’s an expert manipulator. God help the staff. And finally, like I promised: JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!

Again, such a wonderful job, Blue! You are as wonderful a with words as kelly is, in your own way!

Both of my DR pen pals are like “Susan”, in their own mind, they aren’t guilty…but to any outsider reading articles or transcripts, they are guilty as hell! “Selfish” is a part of it…perhaps delusion is another part.

(1992) Pen pal #1: His live in girlfriend of 4 months left her two year old daughter in his care. Less than an hour later, the child was dead. He was tried and convicted of first degree murder, aggravated child abuse and sexual battery of a child less than 12. I cannot imagine losing my child in this manner, she had several other children who lost their sister.

(2005) Pen pal #2 argued with his girlfriend for several hours.. He set her house on fire in the middle of the night, eight people were inside, including the girl-friends disabled mother. The mother, girlfriend and girlfriend’s daughter and nephew (both less than 5 years old) died in the blaze. The girlfriend’s sister and three children escaped the fire. Can you imagine what the surviving sister feels? She lost one of her children, her mother, sister and a niece…she escaped with the children she could hold in her arms….

Both of these men have argued “ineffective counsel”, both have claimed the SOD defense (Some Other Dude). #1 is on his last appeal; #2 recently had his first appeal denied.

Although both men will answer direct questions about what life is like for them, they do not voluntarily reveal anything…instead, they seem to live vicariously thru my letters. (I’m guessing several OTHER pen pals as well!) Both are very manipulative…the song “Smooth Operator” comes to mind…they know just the right words to use, never TOO obvious…perhaps because I had a step-brother who was an ex-con and an expert manipulator, I’m more aware, I’m able to see when I’m “being worked”. They use just the right words to implant an idea, almost subliminal, so that you almost begin to think you came up the thought all by your lonesome!

For them, every day is “Groundhog Day”, the same day, playing over and over…any diversion is very welcome! They’ve each become “Death Row Attorneys”….boys that couldn’t manage to stay in school, spend a part of every day reading and memorizing case law, and attempt to creatively apply what they’ve learned to the facts of their own case…men who couldn’t be bothered to give a girlfriend a birthday card now write letters on a regular basis. I sometimes suspect that these activities are the only thing that keeps the isolation from driving them totally insane…

I’ll confess that when I’ve gone to visit the pen pal that is incarcerated in the prison near to me, it’s difficult to reconcile the person I visit with, the man who LOOKS so “normal”…is a convicted murderer! And it’s a bit frightening to realize that in that open visiting room, I’m SURROUNDED by convicted murderers. I’m also surrounded by their families…people who had nothing to do with the crime…mothers and fathers, wives and children…all spending their Saturday in the last place in the world that they’d want to be….

• BlueWhiteRed says:

Happy Sunday, Mama. I’ve always appreciated that Kelly doesn’t expect me to write in her voice and v.v. I can’t frankly! I nodded my head through every point you’ve made; felt the same things you’ve said. Wish you would guest blog?!

• Samantha says:

Wow, mama. That’s some heavy stuff. I am intrigued why you have prison penps and would even go do far as to visit them? My aunt used to do bible study for inmates. I am too easily intimidated and not an activist by any means, i could never imagine getting involved unless it was dealt to me and impossible to escape (like for example a family member that i loved all my life who did something to land themself in prison). I have no experience with this. I get why BWR was in contact with an old friend who, though it was a shock to him, got rightly convicted and BWR stayed in touch in spite of what had happened. But i am curious mama, what was it that moved you to reach out to these convicts? Was it your personal experience with your step-brother? I am curious and i find this discussion about the psychology of the incarcerated rather fascinating! Thanks for introducing an intetesting topic, BWR

• Samantha says:

Oops *penpals*, and *so far as* to visit them… My clumsy fingers with the smartphone….

Hi, Samantha! No, it had nothing to do with my step-brother…I suppose that perhaps it has a lot to do with my Gramma…I remember many a family dinner or holiday where there was always “room for more” at the table…Gramma used to take me to the United Brethren Church every Sunday…and after church, she and I would deliver “Sunday Supper” to “folks who can’t get out”…sometimes folks must stay close to home because of a frailty, (their own, or a family member), sometimes because of the weather, lots of reasons…sometimes they. Just needed to talk, sometimes they’d talk to Gramma about town gossip, sometimes they just needed some fellowship and a prayer. Gramma said that we were “God’s hands.” (She kinda made it sound like we were Santa’s Elves, actually!)

I guess I never lost the feelings Gramma instilled…after I got out of the Air Force, I lived near Lackland, the “basic training” base….all the years I lived in Texas, I’d go pick up a couple of Trainees for Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas Supper…and then return them to the base…it made the Trainees feel better about being away from home over the holidays and we met a lot of different people from all over the United States! It was a lot of fun (and I felt like one of Santa’s Elves!). When I lived in Orange County, we arranged to pick up Marines at El Toro, folks who couldn’t go home because of training or job requirements.

After I moved here, a “Perfect Storm” started brewing, and everything happened all at one time…..my back made it impossible for me to cook big holiday dinners anymore but I still wanted to “give back” to the community…I can’t remember which trial I was watching, but it was a death penalty case…my curiosity was piqued about the psychological issues, both pre-crime and post-conviction, and just what the conditions were for someone sentenced to death…..at Church one day, I heard about a UB Sister who ran a Death Penalty Support group, her group matches inmates without families to folks who were willing to establish and maintain a pen-pal relationship.

I explained to Sister Rachel that I didn’t know how I felt about the death penalty (United Brethren are pacifists and usually Anti-DP), but she assured me that wouldn’t be an issue. So, I’ve been writing pen pal #1 since 2010, I’ve gone out to see him somewhere near his birthday…but, as I’m lined up for my first eye surgery that same week, he won’t be getting his “birthday visit”!

It’s certainly been quite an education! Perhaps I will save the rest of the story for a blog one day, as Blue suggested…or he and I will compare notes…

I’ll be glad to answer any questions you might have…I hope this covered the “Why in the world would you do THAT?”

Mama, that is fascinating stuff. I don’t know anyone on death row, but I’ve had to visit prison to see a family member who is a felon. I had to steel myself to go to that cold, barbed wire ringed, watchtower manned, nobody is trusted, everyone is a potential enemy, concrete pen. I cried like a baby in the parking lot but finally went in. It was medium security but it was still frightening and left you with a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. Leaving was a guilty relief, because you could leave, and your loved one could not. In my relatives case, it was theft due to a heroin addiction and he was only 19. A preference that had led him from prescription painkillers to heroin; he was not a rock star or a winning actor, so there was no sympathy for him in society. It didn’t matter what the circumstances were, he was still in there with child molesters and murderers who had worked their way down the system and the gangs, oh my the gangs. He survived it though, and he overcame his addiction after several rehabs, but he will be haunted by that felon status the rest of his life.

BTW, I really appreciate everyone here, too!!! A lot!!!

• BlueWhiteRed says:

Quite welcome, Samantha, and glad to open up this side of the tragedy for discussion and rememberance.

Hi BWR, I really felt your words about Kenny and in concert about Travis; this trial has crossed so many lines when it comes to Travis. I can’t imagine how his family is dealing with this constant assault upon his character. It never ends. The picture you evoked of Kenny’s youngest laying atop his grave on Father’s Day made me weep. Very powerful, thank you for sharing.

• BlueWhiteRed says:

Hi TrulyUSA, thanks to you always. Here’s my reply to your “I can’t imagine his family dealing ….” I always want to yell: IF THEY EVEN BLINK, they’re tossed from the court and/or admonished in the court of public opinion. I have never understood how people are allowed in the court but their emotions aren’t. That picture of Kenny’s daughter on his grave brings all of this home. If I just published that picture; no words would be needed. Thx, BWR

7. reallybigmeandog says:

Blue: I know that we speak privately and I always tell you how great your blog posts are, but I want this one on the record as to how extremely talented I think you are. That post was brilliant, it is the only word I have. I read it twice. I have said it probably 25 times, but I mean it. you have a gift. Write here anytime. I’m very proud that you are part of this place and exceptionally proud to call you my friend. Well done Blue.

I so heartily agree! We have some mighty wonderful writers here…everything from serious to hilarious! I pick up my iThing several times a night to see if Truly, Sherlock, Blue, etc, etc, etc have posted an answer…you ALL are like my family…and the day isn’t complete unless I hear from everyone…it’s like y’all live just down the street from me…and its a small world, after all (oh, no, Via! Don’t start that irritating song repeating endlessly playing in that space between your ears!). (WHERE IS MY BRAIN WASH???)

I agree Kelly! Both BWR and Mama write very well. Mama — how could you???? Pass the Brain Wash please!!!! Hahahaha!

• BlueWhiteRed says:

Kels, I want to reply quickly with a quip like, “I’ll let my 9th grade English teacher know she was wrong.” I really enjoy reading this blog and writing. It gives me an outlet that hasn’t been there and wasn’t in the VA’s playbook. Thank you. Thank you all.

8. karen30036 says:

Nice post … what’s nice also is the many, many supporters out there keeping Travis Alexanders name out there. I agree with Tyla. I’d love to see her given the dp, but the automatic appeals and the drama of JA would keep her in the familys lives for years. The state would still be paying the bills. Let her rot in Perryville.

• BlueWhiteRed says:

Karen, I agree wholeheartedly about keeping Travis’ name first in the discussion. This idea slapped me in the face, waking me up that I always focus on writing about Susan and what is left of her life, and not Kenny & Travis, and what will never be.’

And yes, let the rotting begin.

9. Martini13 says:

LOL re ” nothing noteworthy to report” – at least if we have to be haunted by the killers own words,I can smile bc I hear Juan’s voice reading them back to her!

Interesting you’d mention Aileen Wuornos – she was one of my favs that I studied in college & sadly i can’t name any of her victims (I’ve also seen the movie Monster twice & either they never made mention of a victim’s name or they just didn’t stick)…can’t name any of Bundy, Gacy or Dahmer’s either. Makes me feel a little ashamed to tell you the truth!

I’m happy to hear you will be typing “Travis Alexander” more than the convicted murderer’s name! I hope more people will do that as well and the attention will be focused where it should be! The last 2 years when TA’s family has given out gift bags to the homeless in AZ I’ve done the same thing myself here in Texas. I will continue to do so; and with all the random friends I’ve met on Twitter because of this trial my goal is to meet a friend in all 50 states and within the next 5 years have at least 1 person in every state celebrate that day as well! God bless Travis Alexander and his family — may justice come SOON!!

Mallory, Spears, Burress and Humphries….I can only remember 4 of the seven….Mallory because he was the first, Spears, cause it’s easy, and Burress & Humphries because I lived out right near where Burress’ body was found…he and Humphries were both killed in Marion County….and the old ladies in the “home” all talked about it…oh, and it was a “big tour” to go over to Ocklawaha to see where the big shootout with Ma Barker and her gang happened!

If you ever start thinking about moving to a 55+ community, ask me first, I’ll tell you what fun it is!

• BlueWhiteRed says:

Martini, I owe you a special thank you in that you kicked one of the pebbles rattling around my Twitter head the other night. I fell asleep (!) but woke up yesterday determined to point the light at the Victims. Thank you again. I thought of Richard Mallory between reading your reply and before Mama’s below but again, I followed Wuornos, too and couldn’t believe I had zero recall of their names.

I wish you would post your 50 state progress so we who perhaps haven’t shared Travis’ day with you can represent our states. I have read about service projects Travis’ siblings and all these wonderful friends/supporters have done on his birthday. Ironically it’s one of my 6 siblings birthdays, also, so I have no excuse. I hope I can be my state’s representative this year although I’d rather represent under Susan’s state; there’s some ;poetic justice.

And THANKS for laughing at my “nothing noteworthy…” I of course heard my Pinup Gal, Dr J saying that sentence, but Juan’s A-OK, too. And Texas!

• Martini13 says:

Awwwww, thanks so much!! Glad i could help get those thoughts of yours into print!
        And now you can help me – a friend of mine was going to help me set up a website & track my progress – I’ll shoot him an email and see when we can start working on it!! #rememberthevictims

10. Ruthanne says:

I always love your contributions, but this was poignant.

I talked to my daughters about the death of Travis and the ongoing trial many times, and Sunday after church my one daughter and I were discussing negativity and I used some of the things that I have seen happen with trial followers and bloggers in my examples.

During the conversation at one point I said the name Travis, and she said to me, “Who is Travis?” I was shocked. I asked how she could not remember his name after all the time I have spent following this and talking about it. It turns out, I said Arias so many times more than Travis, (I refuse to say her first name because it sounds too personal and I never wanted to sound that personal with regard to her), that she didn’t remember his name.

So after reading this, I too vow to say Travis way more, and it’s name way less.

11. BlueWhiteRed says:

Ruthanne, so sorry I missed your coment. My sons know trials fascinate me, and the drama, not so much. I just asked Son #2 (13) who Travis Alexander is (I used present tense to not give hints). He nailed it. While we monitor how much real info they are exposed to, these wacked relationships are going to be a part of their lives, and I want them to know them. (Any part of life: love life, friends, peers, etc.) Thanks for reading and writing.