Lets Talk About Something That Really Pisses Me Off

Hello everyone.  It is me, your Dean of Fuckery/ Law Professor/Doctor of Doctoring/resident sarcasm expert/and Queen of the Universe.  I apologize for my prolonged absence and apologize again because it is going to be longer, but I wanted to at least let you know that I am still breathing in and out and thinking of all of you.

Mama has been gracious enough to cover for me while I am not able to write.  If anyone else would like to guest blog about anything, it does not need to be related to trials or the law please feel free to let mama know and she will hook you up.

Todays blog is going to be off topic.  I could go on about the whole Holmes Trial, but I’m still so boggled that an insanity defense was allowed in this case I just cannot get my head around it right now.  Instead todays blog is going to be about something that I find personally repugnant.

I love animals.  All animals.  Even the icky ones like rats and snakes (which I personally find beautiful, but I know there is a huge ick factor for some people)and possums and spiders which of course I am aware are not animals but still.

Every single day there are stories on the internet about tortured, starved, and tossed away animals.  Those are bad enough.  Then of course there are the stories about how the last male white rhino on earth has to have armed guards now, and how the mountain gorilla is going extinct due to habitat loss and because people like to use their hands to hold ashtrays. (That is sick but true, look it up.)  Every day because we as a species are fucking assholes who figure we can rape and pillage the earth as much as we want another animal hits the endangered species list.

Most of us have seen those video’s on YouTube showing someone with a slowloris as a pet.  What they don’t show you is the animal having his teeth removed because they are venomous.  Idiots who need a Bengal tiger as a pet for the status of it who end up either dead, in which case of course the cat is killed or it ends up in a 10×10 cage in someone’s backyard or garage.  How about the Ikea Monkey.  He too made Youtube.  Thankfully for him, a judge saw fit to give him to an animal sanctuary instead of back to the fucktard that purchased him in the first place.

Then we come to my all time favorites.  Cetaceans.  Killer Whales, dolphins, porpoises kidnapped from their families and thrown into a pool and taught to do tricks for people who are happy to fork over their cash to watch the poor tortured animals jump up in the air so they can have a fish.  Everyone knows from scientists right down to school children that these majestic creatures live in family pods which they stay with for life.  Imagine being kidnapped from your family and taken from an entire ocean and placed into what is basically a fishbowl and commanded to do tricks to amuse the money, I mean people who have come to see you.

There are of course also sea lions, walrus and assorted seals to keep you entertained as they wave a flipper so they can have a fish.

The only way these particular animals can protest is to kill someone, like Tillicum did, and for his protest he has been relegated to a tank by himself so that they can still get that all important sperm from him to artificially inseminate the cows.  An animal that should be surrounded by a pod, an animal that communicates with a sophisticated language, an animal so frustrated that he did the only thing he could has now been sentenced to solitary confinement for the remainder of his days.

There needs to be an overhaul in the law regarding animals.  Let 7 horses starve to death and you get a fucking fine and you can’t own an animal for two years?  Really?  What the fuck is wrong with us?

Hunting is another thing.  I am of two minds when it comes to hunting.  Where I live is very close to the six nations reserve.  A lot of natives hunt for sustenance.  If you apply for a hunting license you should also have to provide proof that you can’t really afford meat and then you get a license.  Or barring that you should have to sign some kind of binding contract that you are indeed going to eat the animal, not just cut of it’s head to mount on your wall.    Hunting for sport?  How the fuck is shooting at something that can’t shoot back at you a sport?  Soccer is a sport.  Football is a sport.  Shooting a defenseless animal is NOT a sport.   I have hunted.  I have hunted out of necessity and I shot a deer once.  I was grateful for the meat, but it was the one and only deer I ever killed.  For three days every time I thought of that deer I would tear up.  That I had taken the life of that beautiful animal made me feel very, very small regardless of how badly I needed the meat.  Like I said though, if you are a hunter and you eat what you shoot, then I think you get a pass.  If you are just killing animals for fun, there is something wrong with you.

Japan deserves a special place in hell just for what they do in the killing cove every year.  That is some of the most heartless, sickest shit I have every seen.

I am going to ask you all, next time you are taking the kids or grandkids somewhere please don’t take them to places like Marine Land or Sea World or the Circus.  While I am not fond of zoo’s they may be the only place very soon that you are going to be able to see a still living lion or rhino or elephant so if you want to show your young ones animals take them there.

RBMD peacing the fuck out!

23 Responses to Lets Talk About Something That Really Pisses Me Off

1. Jeannie says:

I am so happy to see you’re back. Your message is right on point. I’ve never been to Marine Land but have been to Sea World and a Circus. Years ago I said I would never go back to a Circus because of how the animals were forced to preform and I feel the same about Sea World. I often wonder how humans would feel if the roles were reversed.

Oh you are singing to the choir here, girlfriend! The abuse of dolphins, killer whales, seals, etc. especially causes me grief. People can be cruel beyond my understanding. Those poor Sea World animals have the worst life imaginable. What happens to those poor dolphins in Japan should be stopped, but they don’t care. People just don’t care about anything other than themselves and their money. The only way to stop it is to stop the money, so I never go to any of them. No swimming with the dolphins for me, no sea aquariums or amusement sea parks either. The hunting as sport is some sort of domination thrill, I guess. To me sport is shooting clay pigeons or targets, not animals.
    So good to hear from you Queen/Dean/Ruler!!! You have been missed!

3. Sandra says:

Sea World top dogs are evil corporate psychopaths. Very good documentary on them…somewhere. I’ve been there and live an hour and a half away, but will never go there again. Good job, Kelly!

Kelly, I agree with 99% of what you wrote. We do disagree on hunting. I come from Pennsylvania, a big hunting state. While I used to be against hunting, I saw what happened when the state next door (New Jersey) banned hunting. The carnage is pitiful. The state is so overrun with deer that it is kill or be killed on the interstate there. Instead, look to Pennsylvania where the deer herds thrive (no starvation) and a lot less deer/motorist accidents. A big portion of the hunting permit fees go toward state game lands which keep the deer plentiful but not overpopulated as to be starving. The same goes for bear. I think if managed properly, hunting can be beneficial . Unfortunately, most areas and people don’t seem to care. (I am also told that the duck-hunters’ association here in Canada was largely responsible for a large part of the cleanup of some of the Great Lakes. If so…..give up a few duck-lives for the greater good. )
    As for Japan? What do you want from a place that gives a complete town festival for penis? I cannot understand them .

Renae I have to agree that in some cases hunting is actually beneficial to the overall population of some species, like deer. Those hunting within allowed seasons are actually participating in conservation efforts. In my state we have a very active Conservation Department whose role is to improve and not harm. Most of the deer hunters in my area provide the meat to homeless shelters and old folks living on little, and in those cases, where the meat is used to help others, and where the thinning of the herd improves it, I support. I just don’t hunt, but like I said, if I got hungry I would! I grew up on wild game and home-fed beef, pork and chicken. We caught our own fish and the brothers supplemented the dinner table with wild turkey, deer, quail and rabbits. We milked our own cow and even churned our own butter, and put up enough garden every fall to feed a family of five through the winter. I just don’t do that anymore, but I could and I would if necessary.

Good job Kells! I’m still coming to terms with how I feel about hunting…when we lived on the farm, we had pigs (MEAN) and chickens (stupid)..and a milk cow. Every year, my grandparents would give my dad a side of beef…but, it wasn’t like I knew his name or something…somehow, it was ok to eat mean pigs and stupid chickens…grandad would bring home a deer occasionally, and pheasant and turkey…my DH hunts quail, and what we don’t eat, we give to the rescue/firemen who saved his life…I assume they either cook them, or give them to the needy….

Both DH and son fish…catch & release…but, son does bring home the sweetest shrimp you’ve ever tasted sometimes…as I’ve gotten older, I’ve reduced meat consumption considerably…I’m mostly a chicken or shrimp girl…lots of yogurt, fruit and veggies…as a species, we waste a LOT of food, we eat too much, and we don’t respect our planet or the animals that share the planet with us.

Great post! Glad to see you all here, Truly, Jeannie and Sandra!

Hi Mama — I mean Sista! We grew pigs for food, and mama pigs are the worst mothers ever. They will literally step right on their new babies and kill/maim them. I rescued a baby who had been stepped on before Daddy could end it’s misery and fed it from a bottle. If you work with them, they are trainable and actually as smart as dogs, but not as cuddly, LOL! Life on the farm — nothing is wasted — I was devastated when he got bigger and disappeared. Of course my darling brother informed me we were eating him one night. That’s just the way it was.

6. Mags Vazquez says:

I’m with you Kelly makes me sick . I saw a post of a man and girl posing with the lion he had shot , a big beautiful male lion with the beautiful mane . He looked very proud of his kill , how I wished the lion had ate the fat bastard.

That’s the kind of hunting I hate, Mags. Status hunting — makes me sick.

7. Yea!!!! Good rant!!
    153 dogs just rescued from a home near me.
    Stuffed in tiny cages with chickens for insulation. Most had never been outside of their cages….for breeding.
    Fine : $125.00 ..(second offense ) wtf?!

8. Cheryl says:

Spread the word and hopefully in 10 years cetacean captivity will be a bad memory. And don’t forget the poor otters. I have no offspring myself and that is my gift to the world – less people.

Hello My Queen. Yeah, I’m right with you on your rant. Sending warm healing thoughts your way.

10. State Eunice says:

Mean Dog, your facts with regards to Killer Whales is WAY off base. There have been NO killer whales “snatched” from the ocean and put in a “fishbowl” in over 35 years. Killer Whales also live as long in captivity as they do in the wild. I like all animals to but you do a disservice to your readers when you post overtly biased information.

Love your trial coverage though, hope you keep it coming… 🙂

State Eunice. Unfortunately, no they are not Way off base. Russian Orcas are routinely captured for sale to parks. And I’m thrilled they get to live in a fishbowl for as long as they would in the wild. Look up things like dorsal fin collapse, artificial insemination of the cows and things like that. They are not leading a good life in bondage and they were not put on earth for our entertainment.

Amen Kelly — to me it’s just as bad for those bred in captivity who never experience the freedom of the ocean, where they belong. Usually the only ones who find this acceptable are involved with the profit — and part of the problem.

• State Eunice says:

I am only talking about the USA, we have no control over the rest of the world nor should we. Artificial insemination? Heck we do that with humans every day here in the good ‘ole USA. Bondage? Wow ! ! I have nothing for that….. 🙂

• kanncole says:

Stare Eunice…watch Blackfish. End of my point

11. Joe Santos says:

Nice to see you Kelly! 😉 Best of everything to you ❤️

12. Lori g says:

Hi Kelly glad to see you back. I’m right with you on treatment of animals. I could go on and on, but I’m too emotionally drained just found out that my 13 y.o. Dog has cancer. Having surgery which will give him on average of 6 months high quality of life. Right now he’s clueless that he is sick. I’m devastated even though 13 is very old for a pitbull. I try to take comfort that he will meet his partner in crime,Titan and all the kitties.

Please if anyone is thinking of adopting a furry friend please look for a deathrowdogs website in your area. We have always adopted, but we are saving an urgent dog when we adopt soon.

Lori, I’m so sorry you are losing your old friend. I always adopt either strays or rescue dogs, and my 12 year old dog was diagnosed with diabetes. I have to give her a shot twice a day after meals. She is still happy, but is losing her sight and hearing gradually. I will continue to care for her until I know she is miserable, then I will do the humane thing. I have another stray I adopted 2 years ago who has turned out to be a wonderful dog, but my old dog will be sadly missed one day. My hubby and I try not to think about that day.

• Lori g says:

Truly. I still have hopes that he will go to sleep in his favorite bed with his favorite toys and pass easily. Honestly I have been checking him for the last year,if he’s sleeping and not snoring. We will cherish every healthy day with him and hopefully we won’t have to make the decision for him to go to the rainbow bridge.