Just Like a Bad Penny, You Cannot Get Rid Of Me…or some shit like that

Hello my lovelies. It is me, back from my hiatus. Before I get into the meat, potatoes and other assorted vegetation of todays blog I would like to thank my Mama for covering for me during my absence. I want you to know that I have missed all of you, missed the blog and the Fuckery that I bring.

To everyone who has emailed me, I apologize for not getting back to you in a timely fashion, I have simply not been up to emails or blogs, or pretty much anything for that matter. That being said, nobody ever gets better wallowing in their own whatever, so here I am.

A note about my child and it will be the last one. For those of you who do not comprehend the English language, my child did not live with me for a long period of time for safety reasons. The police, victims services and myself all agreed that him being somewhere that my ex did not know about was probably in his best interest. Since he was outed we all convened and decided that I should bring him home for several reasons that are between myself, my son and the police. So yes crabs, I have a child and had you read one of my very first blog posts, you would know that. It isn’t like I tried to hide the fact that I had given birth. And yup, you pissed me off. So please by all means EAT A DICK!

Over the last several weeks your Law Professor/Dean of Fuckery/Queen of all I survey has been thinking about a ton of stuff. First and foremost is why won’t Stabby go away. The in house psychic got out the Pretoria pukebucket and read the letter to the idiots that are still enamored and promised a reading on what she really meant. Look forward to it.

What I have mostly been thinking about is the afterlife. I have several theories I guess on what happens after you die, and I am more than a little curious about what you all think. I know that the consensus seems to be that you are reunited with your loved ones (and for obvious reasons that doesn’t fly for me) but makes me happy for all y’all that subscribe to that notion.

So here is what I came up with. (I actually dreamed it one of my fun filled nights.) My physical and mental infirmities would no longer be a factor. I would be strong physically and mentally like before all this shit happened. I would discover that I had a Bear as my new best friend. We would spend our days wandering the earth, which had been purged of all the nasty assed people on it and only the good people remained. The people with truly good hearts. Everyone that has become friends on the blog would somehow find each other and decide that even in person we all loved each others company. We would form one solid group that always had each others backs. If there was ever trouble we dealt with it as a single unit. If anyone was ever sad or scared all the rest of us would help hold them up until it passed.

Arkham(the bear) would find us all of our food and we would all journey together. We would let all the animals in the zoos free and watch as they all happily galloped away. We would figure out a way to free all the cetaceans in captivity and watch as they swam happily away, having to never do tricks for fish again. Once we had accomplished that we would destroy the last of the vehicles. There would be nothing but a couple of electric cars for emergencies and only rudimentary electricity which would immediately shut down if we got greedy with it. The climate would stabilize because there were no more factories and stuff. We would discover a huge castle somewhere that was obviously owned by someone less than nice since it would be empty and we would live amongst its 2000 rooms. Everybody would have whatever pet they wanted whether it was one they currently had or one that had died previously and had been waiting at the rainbow bridge for the owner they loved when we crossed it. We would be completely self sufficient. Men would be allowed but the first time one raised a hand to anybody the offended party would get to decide how to deal with him. No matter what the punishment was we would all back that play.

Mama and Gramma would show us how to plant in spring so we were ready for winter. Renae would have her medical degree so we had a doctor if anybody got sick, but nobody ever would. We would live in our castle completely content until I woke up and I don’t know what happened after that.

I hate the theory that when we die it’s just like a light going out. It is as good a theory as any I suppose but it is my least favorite theory. Funny thing is it used to be the thing I yearned for. Of course if that does happen I guess I won’t ever know anyway.

What I want is to know what you guys think. It isn’t a morbid thought, it’s a happy thought. So think about it. What happens? I know everybody has a theory, it is the one thing on earth everyone has contemplated at one time or another so tell us. I know I want to know.

I know it’s a short one, but it’s my first blog back so please, a little patience while I readjust to my normal smart assed self.

I missed you guys and I’m glad I’m back and Mama, thank you a bajillion for covering for me. You were great.

That is all for tonight everybody. I’ll be back tomorrow, or the in-house psychic will be, one of us anyway.

RBMD peacing the fuck out.

78 Responses to Just Like a Bad Penny, You Cannot Get Rid Of Me…or some shit like that

1. treva says:

Glad to see you back. Hmm. After we die I used to think we may get reincarnated till we get it right. I do think all the good people will be together somewhere. Maybe on different levels. I don’t think people with mentall issues or problems beyond their control will be punished into darkness. Now the evil ones can be left to roam this earth in pure hell for all I care. I do believe good outweighs the bad. I know I HOPE I see the people I love again.

Hi Treva. Reincarnation is good. But do you come back as yourself or someone else? Or something else?

2. Mags Vazquez says:

Good to read your blog Kelly and I sure missed it . Your theory of the after life sounds like what we should be like while we are alive . It has crossed my mind and I try not to think about it. My opinion is not as good as yours but I think when we leave this earth we travel or our souls do. we might travel back in time or forward in time , we might stay on earth or we might just travel to other worlds. It does sound to fantastic but it’s something I really don’t think about all that much. I guess if you read my comment you would understand why.

3. Bazzethound says:

KellyMae, I’m so incredibly happy you are back. Mama has taken excellent care of me and all your other friends. (I was about to say “blog friends,” but I’ll just say friends!) I’m sorry life has been cruel to you, but I’m so glad you took the time you needed.

I’m confident that when my life is over I’ll be with all the people & animals who have made me happy, including my Creator. Simple, huh?! No need to avoid the meanies, worry about the environment, etc.
    8 years ago, I wrote a story about all of my family members who have passed. It revolved around each of them taking time to nurture a beautiful little spirit for almost nine months. They showed him what they loved in life- the mountains, breaking bread, singing, flying airplanes, etc. At the end of his time in heaven, the little spirit was placed on Jesus’s lap by my grandmother and given a kiss on his sweet little head. The next time he opened his eyes, he was being placed on my chest to meet his parents. This story would NOT leave my head until I wrote it down. Divine inspiration? All I know is I’m not normally a writer.
    Anyway…so excited to hear from you. Glad you took a step back into your “normal” life!!

• That is a beautiful story bazzethound 💗 what did u do with it? Just keep it for you? Did u share w your family? Have u shared it w your son?

That’s inspiring, Bazzet, and does very much sound divinely inspired to me — in any event it is a beautiful image!

Missed Ya Bazz: I for one would really love to read that story. Seriously.

• Bazzethound says:

I haven’t thought of the story in a while. I haven’t read it to Adam Henry, the now 8 year old’ little spirit.’ It’ll happen soon! I did read it at my little country church- lots of happy tears were she’d as many knew and loved my grandmother.
        I was considering a guest post, so maybe I’ll type it and send it to you.

Very beautiful story, Gwen! I love it! Hugs to you!

So glad that you are back, my dear daughter! The little vacation did you good…and it’s done wonders for my Grandson, too! We’ve all missed your special brand of Fuckery!

Now…here is what I THINK happens…the VERY first thing that happens…is that you get back all the jewelry, keys, cell phones and wallets you’ve ever lost…you are also shown the huge 1-sock pile that belongs to you, and you alone…if you don’t want them…they are sent to the Land of Homeless socks…where the elves put one or two into SOMEONE ELSES washload, just to keep life interesting…

Your favorite dog(s) are waiting fir you at Rainbow Bridge…the people that loved you…and who you love also wait to greet you…

There is no pain, no sorrow….a Millenium might pass and it would be no more than a blink of an eye…like a dream…you know the dream only took a few seconds…but with your insight, you knew it all….

I think that our “essence” communes with others, stories and lessons are shared…

Have you ever met an “old soul”? I’ve met many…and it feels like I’ve known them for eons….I’ve also met VERY IMMATURE souls…that no matter how you try to help them expand, they fight and argue like a two year old….

These “young souls” are REQUIRED to endure another life, a difficult life…and will keep coming back, until they learn…Arias is a young soul…

The old souls are allowed sabbatical for as long as they desire…but, often, they choose to live another life…they’ve reached Nirvana…but, they’ve discovered that living is enjoyable…sometimes they come back only to have another life with the other souls they love…

There is no “hell”…you make your own hell right here on earth…Karmic Justice will be served…if not in this life, the next one…

• Haha mamav at jewelry, keys, cellphones, wallets, and socks Lol!

Also, i believe in old souls too 🙂 i love that concept.

I want my socks back. And the zippo lighter which had very sentimental meaning. Other than that I’m good.

Yep, you get those things back…as well as a bunch of crap you “lost” on purpose!

Each of us has a core, “who we are”…our basis…the rest is shaped by physical genetics, disease and the nurturing we receive….its that “core”, our “soul” that makes the difference in siblings who are raised the same way by the same people.

So, someone like Holmes…could have acted because of a genetic failure, mental disease or because of something that touched him during his upbringing….

In a field of clover, you would be hard pressed to find two exactly alike…they might be similar, but, they are different…just as you would find some that didn’t receive enough (or too much) sunshine….and some that just came from seed that wasn’t fully ready for planting…humans are the same…we are very diverse, for a multitude of reasons…..

I “lost” my brothers bantha (it’s a starwars thing) because we had a fight and he threw it at my head. Do you think I could un burn it and give it back to him. I felt terrible after I did it but I never owned up to it because it would have broken his heart that I did that to him. Man that made me feel bad. I’d really like to be able to give it back.

Just checked “the list”…at first I didn’t know what a “bantha” was, (listed after the socks) but, now you’ve explained it, the list makes sense! Yep, it’s there…oh…and I forgot to mention that NOTHIN comes back outta Lake Erie!

Oh and I don’t need back the wedding ring I threw in lake Erie. Lake Erie can keep it.

5. Levanger says:

Oh man, the question of all questions. I was raised Catholic so it was pretty much drilled into me that we become reunited with our friends and family in heaven and we all live happily ever after.

But as I’ve gotten older it drives me crazy to think about it….does this mean I’ll have to see Becky the bitch from high school? How about my old boyfriend who fucked me over, or the boss I hated with a passion that I usually reserve for child molesters, possums, coleslaw and Jodi Arias (or will these “things” be there too?)…seems so complicated!

Lately I’ve been thinking that it’s just our souls that carry on…or we become stars or something. But what about pizza? Sex? Old episodes of the Brady Bunch? Without those, I don’t WANT to live forever!

No, Betty the Bitch, coleslaw, cho-mos, Arias and possums are in an entirely different plane of existence! And the Brady bunch is on channel 4 in room 892 at RMBDs castle….24/7/365…forever! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!!!

Welcome back Kelly girl. You’ve been missed. I believe we live once and then die. No second chances. But many second chances while we live. I don’t know what’s on the other side and I’m OK with that. I think it will be good. And by good I mean our pets will be there. I guess other people will be there too, but only if I like them. So, guess I’ll see y’all there in the castle, lake house, or log cabin of your choice. Keep on keep’n on.

I know it will be good, Twister! I can’t tell you why or how, but I just know.

Hai Twister. Missed you all too. You will definitely be met at the castle my friend. Whoever gets there first stock up on dog food, I’m bringing a lot of dogs and whatever bears eat.

7. Hai kelly! 💕 i read the intro and then the vid i got on the playlist was Mad World by gary jules. What a pretty melancholy song, and very cool video. I’d never seen it. I esp liked the piano on the rooftop. I totally get the wallowing thing. I do. Sometimes it’s near impossible to snap out of it even when everything “should” be great, all roses. Ive always spent a lot of time in my head so i understand, and you are not alone.

I love your dream of the afterlife a lot. I hope there is a room in the castle for me. If there is, are we allowed to have more than one pet?

i need to think about what i think about the afterlife…I recognize that we know nothing of it and that the possibilities are infinite. i prob have 100s of theories myself, but what exactly do i really think? Hmm. I will sleep on it but overall i think death is not the end of the road. I think beauty, love, and deeper understanding have a role (like in ur dream). I think i maybe believe we come back changed for new lessons, sometimes crossing paths with souls we already know from other experiences, sometimes losing touch with others, and always meeting new ones. I also think (do u think im crazy yet?) that maybe we dont come back but we ho somewhere else, there may be many alternate parallel realities (kindof like multiverse theory of the universe) that sometimes accidentally intersect and that pretty much would explain all that is supernatural like 6th sense, seeing ghosts, or guardian angels for example. Ultimately our spirit, our soul, is energy, Energy and spirit are infinite. So tho your body will die some day on this human plane, this mortal coil, i do not think your light goes out. I think if u believe in heaven then u can ultimately go there. Aaand then there is the whole discussion on what is heaven? Is it the same for everyone? If u believe in golden gates and halos and wings and meeting jesus is that what u get? If u believe in happy castles where animals roam freely and everyone is kind, would u get that instead? It is also fascinating to me, this subject of afterlife and most especially its infinite possibilities vs lights out.

Overall my belief is “we are not humans on a spiritual journey, but spirits on a human journey”. Im so happy that u are back 💗

• Oops, *we dont come back but we ho somewhere else”
      Not *ho but “go”!

Tho maybe in jodi’s case… Lol

I like that Carmen – souls on a human journey is a great way to put it.

CARMEN!! Missed you a ton or seven. I don’t know what happened to my mad world video, I posted it and led zeppelin came up which of course is never a bad thing but I was to lazy to go fix it lol. When you come up with a theory that has not tripped the light fantastic through this interesting instrument I pass off as a brain We will talk about crazy. I’m going with my castle because we can all live there.

We are all spirits living a human journey! Yes, I love that…we are energy…so, perhaps we could BE stars, planets or any number of things…

One thing for sure…it might be only “heaven” to us! Your heaven may not be mine…a world with out 6 o’clock martinis would be hell for my DH! A world without animals would be hell for me…but, we won’t know until we get there!

I think it will have the most glorious martinis your DH ever tasted, Mama!

8. sadiequinlan says:

Thats a great post and I am so glad you re back – your quirkiness and truth is nOT lost on me. I got a bit confusd a while back as to who the fuck was writing yr blogs……sorry and welcome back. I really have missed your sense of irony and humour. love as always – Sadie

9. sadiequinlan says:

……and ‘Grit!’ I forgot to say Grit . sadie x

Hooray! Kelly it’s good to read your words again. I will take the time to give my concept of heaven words, but I find this subject to be very important and I want to put my views down when I am not in a hurry — and right now I have to work but I wanted to say welcome back! So happy to hear from you!

Hai Truly. I missed you too and I’m glad to be back. Also, you know you are going to be late for work right?

Some people….think of everyone in prison, on death row, 3rd world countries starving, the ghettos of the worst of the worst, living in violence…all of the ugly of the world…aren’t they surviving “hell”? Certainly, if there is a Supreme Architect, these people would not be required to endure another lifetime? As AmeriCadians, we live blessed lives in many ways…I, my tubby little self, have not worried about basic food, shelter or clothing in many, many years…

As I sit in my little home, watching the sun come up over the mosquito-breeding ground, listening to Poopsie tweet me his one and only song, and listen to the slobbery sounds of Boo chewing his new all-beef pizzle….DH has rumbled his sparkley batmobile out of the garage, my pedal car waits for me to un-ass the sofa, and direct it to the first of my appointments today…a check-up on my corneal transplant, followed by a “procedure” to ease the pain in both of my hips….this evening when my DH returns home, he will be served his obligatory two vodka Martinis…garnished with olives stuffed with feta cheese….as we watch Andrew eat some Bizarre Food on that monstrosity which is attached to the wall…later we might feast on the first catch of shrimp that Son delivered…I feel that I already live in Heaven…the biggest argument DH and I have had is whether the LifeLine Assistance Program instituted BY Reagan (a REBUBLICAN) SHOULD NOT BE CALLED AN OBAMA PHONE!!! (We shall save that argument for later, as we will never agree!)

Sometimes, my more “scientific” mind says that “there is nothing after this”….we are like flowers…we grow, blossom, throw out seeds, then die…end of story…you have one life, live it well….

But my romantic side can’t bear the thought of never receiving another Gramma Hug, of never telling my sister that I love her, of never, ever talking, sharing and loving RMBD, my grandson, Son, my many friends who worry about me and love me…and, of course, my beloved DH…even in the “afterlife” I cannot bear the thought of being without his gentle loving spirit….

So, my logical, scientific mind allows my romantic mind to live in RMBDs Castle…in one of the 1000s of rooms, with my DH…Of course, Gramma lives there, too…and so does my Sister…all of the dogs I love play out in the grass, or sit at my feet…my back never hurts, and I see everything clearly….(and I can “watch over” the people I love whose time has not yet come)…and yes, RMBD and I walk thru the gardens in the spring, planting things of beauty or nourishment….

Happiness in THIS life has nothing to do with money…sure, money can ease the pangs of hunger, or alleviate the worries regarding that “old beater” making its way all the way to work and back…but, it is not the source of happiness! (Proof: Robert Durst, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, any Kennedy, Rockerfeller, Truman, etc…you know the list)

Happiness does not originate from without, it comes from within….I was “happy” before my DH came into my life…but, admittedly, he has provided plenty of icing!

We are not the town we live in, the car we drive or even that Coco Chanel hand bag….we are the same person WITHOUT those things…

Find happiness in this life….and happiness will be your “heaven”…and whatever comes next, will be just as beautiful!

Okay, evidently I am not going to be able to work today until I deal with this question — priorities and all that. I can tell you that I believe we will be resurrected into perfect bodies with no flaws physically or mentally and we will be the same people we are right now, only perfect and without sin. It is impossible to live without sin in this earth age, it is a world broken by sin, which is why Jesus came to bear the suffering of the world and to pay the wages of sin for us, so that we might be able to enter the presence of God if we commune with Him. The day will come when this earth will indeed pass away and be resurrected as a new earth even more magnificent than this one! I believe that our perfect destiny will then be realized and we will be given duties that perfectly fit the skills we will all individually have, and we will have great joy in our work as we discover the new world and our new abilities. There will be no tears, no fears, no reason to be unhappy. There is a book that goes into tremendous detail about this by Randy Alcorn, titled simply “Heaven”. If you would like to read more of the Christian interpretation, I highly recommend this book.

13. reallybigmeandog says:

Where is Renae?

She must be HIDING!! Is she hunting down the plane?

UPDATE: I got shots in both hips today…RFL in my back is in 4 weeks…and FINALLY got eye surgery scheduled for 6/18…so I won’t be a cyclops forever!

I’ve been wondering about your eyes, Mama — will this be the last procedure for you on them?

This surgery is VERY easy–10 minutes–and is not dangerous–just a cataract removal. A doc looking for either a quick buck, or needing to make his Maserati payment would replace my cornea now…because it DOES have damage from Endo Dystrophy, BUT it isn’t over 50%, doc says I can control it with drops. He also said that the cornea easy to remove..but can’t put it back if the surgery goes bad…corneal surgery IS risky..AND it can always be done LATER if the dystrophy gets worse (being “conservative”). Another thing to remember is that there ARE folks MUCH worse than I who really NEED the FEW corneas which are donated…too few people realize that donating organs of loved ones does NOT damage the body…they are afraid that their loved ones will have huge holes for eyes if they donate corneas (not true) or sunken chests if they donate heart, liver, kidneys, etc…(also not true, your loved one will NOT be mutilated by donating organs)…(did you know up to 55 people’s lives can be saved by donating your loved ones organs? AMAZING!). Again, thank you to the wonderful family whose husband, father, brother, uncle donated the cornea I have!

So, (for those with ADD, who are unable to read my LONG, BORING answers, here is the “less than 4 sentence” answer) yes, we are hoping that this will be my last eye surgery: removing the cataract and replacing the lens with an IOL. BUT should my cornea continue to dry out, we may, in the future, have to replace it, doc says is “50/50″….I am grateful to have the BEST eye surgeon in the region! Oh, and no, I will only need glasses for reading after the surgery!

Thanks for the update, Mama! Strange that some people think your answers are too wordy, evidently? I think they are filled with gold nuggets, sweet perfume and LOVE — I guess some people just reject those sorta things…..

Evidently, I missed something. Just WHO is thinking Mama’s answers are too long? Are they unable to process more than 3 sentences or are they too busy saving lives like transplant surgeons or world dictators?

Hey Renae! It’s those same people who never read a book that wasn’t written by Dr. Seuss!

I didn’t know that they frequented this place. Pity them. Perhaps we should start tossing out lines of War and Peace just to assist in their arrested education?

I was thinking Dantes inferno might be more fitting.

Laughing my (sizable) ass off Truly & Renae!

I would back my ass up to yours AND block out the sun anyday! YOU WILL NOT WIN that war Mama!

Truly & Renae…

FYI-a real LIVE professional JOURNALIST informed me:
        “I am surprised the frau stopped at 4 lines here, maybe her budweiser kegger was running dry or something. I could never read past a line or two. Clearly someone that has no idea what writing to an audience is about. Her Drunkenness loses the reader quickly.”

The PROBLEM with only reading “a line or two” is that one misses important information…I.e. Because I take prescriptions which do not mix well with alcohol, and I have no desire to wake up dead, I have not consumed a DROP of alcohol since 7/4/2009. (AND I have NEVER been a consumer of Ale, let ALONE “Bud”)

Earlier today, I was remembering when my X-DIL accused me of reporting her to CPS only because I was “getting even” because she wanted a drugged up, tatted and pierced, unemployed high school drop out, instead of my son. She truly believed that.

In truth, I felt like that 4 week old baby deserved more than a woman who was PROVEN (by COS Urine Test) to have THC and opiates in her system! That baby deserved to have her respond to his cries at 2 am, 4 am, 6 am and 8 am, be fed and changed! He deserved not to be an OBJECT to be fought about and hurt, and to have bruises on his 4-WEEK old body! In fact, I wanted her, her tatted up high school dropout baby daddy, and THEIR baby OUT of my son’s life FOREVER! AND I did not feel that *I* should be responsible for providing food, diapers and clothing for a baby that wasn’t my own, wasn’t my son’s, wasn’t in any way related to me…yet…I had been coerced into supporting…while “THEIR” money went to purchase pot and pills.

The POINT here is…for those that read only a line or two…that one MUST be careful when making ASSumptions…you cannot do so based on your OWN actions, wants, or needs. One must actually step out of ones own shoes…and ask “what can the other persons motivation be?” DO NOT ASSUME because YOU have issues with alcohol that *I* have issues with alcohol. In my years of experience, I’ve yet to see anyone my age at a “kegger”…that must be something that the peri-menopausal set does up in IceLand when Nana starts bitching that eggs are on sale this week!

I’m NOT a “journalist”…I don’t even PRETEND to be one…no one forces anyone to read what I write…if you don’t want to read it, don’t come here…easy-peasy.

Mama, the ‘not a journalist’ is actually frustrated BECAUSE Granny natters at her about the price of eggs (and tomatoes AND other vegetables). Somehow even Granny does not see her as a journalist and ergo: she is a HAUSFRAU which is something that eats at her and eats at her and eats at her…………(but evidently not near enough for her to get a real JOB!)

POINTS!! Renae is back in the lead in case anybody is keeping track. She is ahead of me by 1

Mama, you know what RBMD would say right. It starts with eat.

Oh, Renae, you are a pistol!

You know, first, I wish Granny a LONG, LONG, HEALTHY and VIVACIOUS life!

Secondly, in my vast experience, I’ve found that those who are nattered about the price of eggs and cheese, learn absolutely NOTHING…before Granny is cold and they inherit all of Granny’s moo–lah, they start buying…they never check the price of things again…they off and start buying all the sweaters, shoes and trousers that Granny denied them while alive…(because they DESERVE IT!)..all those nickels & dimes that Granny put into savings for a rainy day are gone in 6 months to a year. (Think Lyle & Eric Menendez) Rolex watches, fancy sports cars, tennis lessons….In less than two years, they can no longer afford the taxes on the house they inherited, or the utility bills…and the house is sold for taxes…it’s then, and only then that they realize that they didn’t work enough quarters in their lives and pay into Social Security…and they have no social security (or VERY little), no pension, no way to support themselves…so…they settle for the very first man who will pay rent on some old trailer parked in Bumfuk, Alabama…and they are forced to take a job as a “Greeter” at WalMart….

At 82…without the old hubby that they wished dead for 20 years, they collect dead hubby’s SS payment…they get is less than $500…and are forced into the Projects, where their rent is $400, what little is left goes for food and bus fare to see the doctor. The kid(s) they never really raised, because they were always just too “busy”…are all of a sudden “too busy” to worry about Mom…(or Mom has managed to put the kid on social security years ago, with some real or imagined “disability” and she now lives in HIS basement…where she natters at HIM about the price of eggs!)

I’ve known every one of the above examples…(except Lyle and Eric, who I READ about!)

When my dad died, he had less than nothing…he & my sister & nephew were killed out of state…and you would not believe the price of transporting three bodies! 3 caskets, 3 funerals, 3 burial plots, 3 of everything…and no volume discount…everything Dad owned was put into the yard…and every picture, sheet, pillowcase and spoon was auctioned…and it amounted to little,..it took me 10 years to pay the rest of the bills off….

My grandparents lived so long in hospital/nursing home…that very little was left…in a way, I’m grateful that I never lived my life wishing my parents or grandparents dead…they were worth far more to me alive….I never held dreams about “what I deserved”, never dreamed about how I would spend someone else’s money…I went out and earned my own…

Every watch, dress, sofa, car or home was purchased with money earned through my own effort…I started at the bottom and worked while attending college, then, I worked more…until the point I was unable to sit in a chair (you know THAT pain!)

my son knows he is to receive my jewelry and my car…if…there is anything beyond that left…because I am planning on living forever…or at least until I spend every dime of my savings…the remainder goes to the charities I have chosen…because I want my son to have his pride…I want him to have the joy in making his own life…not sitting and wishing me dead…I am lucky! I have a wonderful son…he comes by to check on “Mama & Papa” at least once a week…he either texts or calls on the other days…”just to make sure you are ok, and don’t need anything”. He has even taken vacation days to take me to the doctor or hospital when I’ve needed his assistance. I’m very proud of him…(he manages a section of a large grocery, so he is usually the one who natters ME about the price of eggs!) (and no, neither of us even HAS an attic or basement…so we have our own homes!)

You know, in a way…I feel sorry for someone who lives in the future…waiting for someone else to die….

I’m still not a “journalist” (or am I because I DO write in my “journal” every 5 days to 7 days?)…but, maybe I don’t have to be…I’d probably be a terrible journalist…I don’t care much for writing fiction about people I don’t like, and I abhor answering trolls!

Renae…what were those little NEKKID dolls called when we were kids? We’re those “Troll Dolls”?? You know, the ones with the Orange hair that stood straight up?

There you go again…..making me YOUNGER than I am (bless your soul!). Troll dolls came after me….round about the time my boy was a toddler. I was an older teen by the time Barbie was out to the masses! I had Betsy-wetsy etc. (Didn’t every girl want a doll that wet itself so you had to ‘change’ it?…….NOT!)
        I had long told my parents that they should spend every damn dime they made and enjoy doing it. Neither I nor my step-sisters were in need of it and we made sure they did. Unfortunately, they outlived even the small amount they had saved…….but we all gladly chipped in to keep them in comfort until they could no longer tend to themselves. Only my step-mom is still alive now (and she is 97). I paid for dad’s funeral myself and my sisters are going to pay for their moms. None of us is sorry we did it that way and we were and are glad for the extra time we had with them….money be damned!
        On the other hand, I wouldn’t mind winning the lottery once……please?

The only thing I can figure out is that they hate what we have here. Honesty, loyalty, respect, love for one another and a group of people who have repeatedly had to face tough times and did so, sometimes winning, sometimes losing, but always doing it ourselves and most of all — always learning from our experiences and staying humble. They obviously have learned nothing and will learn nothing because they lean on others, incapable of doing the hard work required to grow and progress on their own. Life is all about taking that first step when you can’t see the staircase – so is faith! Keep on keepin’ on, Mama!

I agree truly. What other reason is there for any of it.

Truly…winning is fun…I’ve always enjoyed it…but it has never taught me much…instead it seems to feed my ego, my false arrogance, inflates my self-importance…(sadly, this is a confession required due to actual experience of my poor choices after “winning” too often). And, perhaps, even this, too, was a learning experience…after my “fall” I learned to be a bit more humble…I discovered that the fall from one step is not as devastating as the fall down a flight of stairs!

For as much as I dislike the moments when life is unpleasant, it has been in those moments that I have grown the most…

Remember when we discussed “old souls”, those people one meet who feel like we’ve “known” before, or who seem to be life-times older than their physical age? I suppose it goes without saying; if there are “old souls”, “young” or “immature souls” exist too…maybe we are doing just what we should…congregating, sharing love, honesty and respect with one another…and offering insight to those who are “ready” to take the next step to growth…as for those that are pleased with their place in their path to Nirvana…I am reminded that “you can lead a horse to water…” You cannot expect college level work from a first grader….that’s ok…thankfully, the path to enlightenment is long…and interestingly full of lessons.

When Son was very young, I tried to “protect” him from the ills of the world…but, in protecting him from ill, I also protected him from learning…I discovered that my job was not to prevent the fall…but to be ready to provide love and hugs, a concerned ear…And lots of Neosporin and band aids ready

@renae..my sister had a blonde Barbie…and mine was brunette…I THINK in 59 or 60…then the next year, my sister wanted a Chatty Cathy…and for some stupid reason, I wanted Betsy Wetsy..(and, of course, Barbie clothing was always on the list…) in one of my RARE memories of my dad, CHRISTMAS, 1960, he built us a “real” playhouse, it had a sink and kitchen counter, doll bunk beds and a table and chairs (which was handy for my step-mother to deliver PB&J sammiches) (She said that PB&J kept “the little heathens outside”…apparently, there were a LOT of Little Heathens, up around the Great Lakes in 1960…)

Our “house” also a telephone which connected from the playhouse to one in the kitchen…I remember that my step mother ran out of “fun” with it MUCH sooner than we did…and the kitchen phone “broke” really fast…oddly, my “Mr Fix-It” dad was unable to repair the connections…

Funny what you remember sometimes, isn’t it? I hadn’t thought of that playhouse for probably 40 years or more…it was the “Betsy Wetsy” that reminded me…

Somebody needs to find that damn plane. It was fun hiding it for the first several months but it is getting tedious now.

15. Sherry says:

Welcome back, Kelly. Wow what a question to ask! I like your idea of a castle and friends and animals. When I was in my 20’s I came up with the idea that when we die our souls turn into music that dance over and around the planet and only certain people can hear it, those soul mates which we have met and those which we haven’t. We would comfort those that need it and dance with joy with those that were celebrating. We would meet other music souls dancing around the world and intertwine with them, sharing our joy. We would never truly leave this world and we would never be alone.

That’s just beautiful, Sherry. Maybe that’s why music moves our souls when it is beautifully done. I think music is a silver thread that connects us all somehow.

Thanks Sherry it is good to be back. Oh man, I love that idea of turning into music.

16. Samantha says:

Kelly! So happy to see you, I have missed reading you. I would very much like to come to the castle party in the sky with my cats if that is cool 😀
    Looking forward to in-house psychic! Great to have you back.

Cats are cool! Dog and cats and lions and tigers and bears– OH MY! Sounds heavenly to me.

Thank you Samantha it is nice to be back. You can totally bring your cats. All pets are welcome and I promise that the bear won’t eat them.

OK. Here I am. Will answer this tomorrow as the pain is too bad to sit and do it now. Best to all!

Oh Renae, hope you’re okay. Sending healing love, thoughts and prayers your way!

Sending healing thoughts your way, Renae! I deal with pain on a daily basis, due to the degenerative disk disease, arthritis and Fibro…so I know pain….but….I wouldn’t trade with you for a million bucks! It “seems easier” to be in constant pain…you just live with it…some days better than others…but, to be like I was when I was 45 or 50 one day, and then to be in the pain like I am now on the next day would be unbearable! A pain fee day means something is terribly wrong with me!

(For my ADD readers:) I hope that you are back to your “normal” again very soon! We miss reading your witty words!

Ok. here we go: what happens when we die? Well, the wishful side of me says we come back (as another person, not a snail or a slug) and all the good people we interacted with we will again interact with but in a different form (they may now be an aunt or a parent). We keep coming back so we can improve and not make the same mistakes…..but that’s only a wish or a hope.
    The realistic side of me (or scientific side, if you will), says when we are dead, we are dead. Like Monty Python’s parrot: we ‘cease to be’. We are NOT pinning for the fjords. We simply no longer exist except in memories of those left behind…and memories will die with those who hold them.

Well, hopefully, #281129 will come back as a snail or a slug….

I HAVE to believe in “something” beyond “this”…it’s the only thing that keeps me sane…I miss my sister so very much…it just is not natural to die when you aren’t even 20! It just isn’t right that I should lose the one and only person I ever counted on “being there” for me. She and I suffered so much together as children…I did my best to protect her…maybe…if there is a “Grand Architect” “causing” things to happen…S/He believed that I no longer NEEDED my sister…and it was time for me to learn my life lessons…without my sister? 39 years this Christmas…the only thing that keeps me from going completely insane (insaner than my usual insane) is believing that just for a moment at the rainbow bridge, perhaps…she and Gramma will greet me…or perhaps, in my next life, I will see those blue eyes looking into my heart, and feel comfort across space-time…

I HAVE to believe in something larger than myself….something/someone who “sees” the entirety of my being…who knows that my “tough” exterior is not as impervious as it appears, that I’m really filled with marshmallow creme…

I think…if I were at the “next station”…and I was told…well, you can either go over to RMBDs palace, with all your dogs…OR…you can go back to earth…and if you go to earth, you will find Gramma, your sister, Dear Hubby, Son, RMBD & all the No Kill Shelter Friends….I’d have to think about it for a little bit…then, just to complicate things, I’d be told…oh, by the way…you will also encounter your Not-a-parent (yes, both), the Molester, the Rapists….but, I can’t tell you what Role they will have…Gramma might be your daughter or your sister or even your husband…just as easily as the Molester could be any of those…the only way to find out…is to go…and L.I.V.E.

Your mission, if you choose it, will be to learn something that you never knew; to teach and love and change the lives you touch…

(this tape will self destruct in 15 seconds…)

Honestly renae the scientific part of my says we just cease being, but I like my castle idea way better so I’m going with that.

19. shyloh says:

I believe in a rebirth. We are spirit beings. The body dies but our spirit lives on. We come back the same. We just pick up where we left off. If we do not get it right learn lessons per-se, we repeat it. Then after we are finished our earthly journey. (can’t count, it’s up to us) We then become one with our creator. That’s my view! There are so many thing to consider. But I do believe one day, we will know our purpose for life on this earth.