(dedicated to the memory of Gord Downie, a man who loved everyone, especially kids.)

Hai my lovelies, tis me your queen, resident sarcasm expert, pretend Judge, Dean of all Fuckery, horse whisperer, Honorary DVM, and Dog Lactation Consultant.  I debated about this for two nights, and then whoever you believe drives this train saw fit to take Gord Downie, Gord Fucking Downie, a Canadian Icon, and just a good and decent human being because of some fucking glioblastoma and I kind of snapped.  If you don’t remember The Tragically Hip have been adopted as our no kill shelter band.  I am in deep mourning.  For real.  So is most of Canada.  If the fucking Prime Minister can break down so can we dammit.

Sorry, I am upset and rambling.  Anyway, Gord Downie was a lot of things, poet, singer, lyricist, friend to the indigenous people of our region and yours god love him, and child advocate.  Child Advocate.  So, because I truly somewhere deep in my marrow loved this man I never knew, loved him because of what he believed, not because of who he was, I am going to break my own rule ONE TIME and do this trial.

It is not televised, but I still have some totally not real friends in the media world(looking at you both Daves and you Jeff) and I am going to cover this thing for Gord.  Because this would have been important to him.  The plight of this poor dead baby would have been important to him as it should be to all of us.

There is a sickness in all of our societies.  I don’t know what the fuck it is, I just know it gets worse each year and we need to find the root cause of it, and find a vaccination for it or something.

The dead child is named Gabriel Fernandez.  He was only 8.  This was a vicious, senseless torture/murder and I am eternally grateful that this is being held in a death penalty state.

I am warning you now that it will be graphic and horrible.  Everything I have found so far had been graphic and horrible.  All the more horrible because DCFS is involved and indicted so this child could have/ should have lived.

If you would rather I did not cover this, speak now or do this with me.  If enough of you don’t want it, I will lay down my torch and try and find something less deplorable.  Although, how do I find any murder not deplorable.  I will do what I can to lighten the mood as I always do, but this one is going to take me to my limit I am pretty sure.

Just as an aside, I love you guys.  All of you.  And I am glad we are here together.

I’m going to leave you with Gord because I need to share a little of what we lost Tuesday night to fucking cancer.  We can make sure guys have hard-ons, we can make fake boobs, and fake asses and even a fake president but we can’t cure cancer.  Fuck this world and its fucked up priorities.

13 Responses to I Don’t Do Trials About Kids. I Have Said It A Hundred Times, But This One Time, I Am Going To Make An Exception.

1. twister says:

I’ll stick with you on this only because you and the shelter will make it tolerable. I didn’t know about Gabriel, looked it up .. oh that sweet boy, may he rest in peace. May his mother and her man eat shit, throw it up and eat it again – forever.
    On another note, I hope for a kind, genuine man like Gord Downie to come into your life.

Hai My Twister. I promise that I will make this as tolerable as I can. Yes that poor sweet boy, may his soul find comfort somewhere far away from here. If I found someone like that, I would consider myself the most blessed person that ever walked the earth.

2. Skabootch says:

I’ll be here 🙂

3. Sandra says:

Cover the trial, Kelly. the way only you can. Fuck murder. On a brighter note, enjoyed the tune.

Thank you Sandra. Yes, fuck murder and fuck the system that made this particular murder happen. I’m very happy you enjoyed the hip. You should check them out, The Tragically Hip are a great band.

I’m here!!!!!

I’m so glad, but it is going to be a shitty ride kiddo. I will do my very best for you all, but this one is going to test me.

5. Lori says:

I’m here too

6. bazzethound says:

Hey Kellymae! I missed your first post back, but I’m up to date now. So glad you’re here with us. I’ll certainly stick with you no matter what you wanna write about.

All’s well at the Bazzrea Compound, other than HH still believing in his Cheeto-in-Chief. Oh well, I didn’t marry him and stick around for 22 years for his politics. He looks good naked and all else is forgiven (HaHa) The Bazz boys are doing great.

I’ll look up the new case. Thanks for sharing Gord with me. I hadn’t heard of him before, but he reminded me a bit of a young James Taylor. I’m sorry he’s gone from this realm. Hoping you’ll meet him in the great beyond, even if you don’t believe.

Big hugs to you. So glad you started typing your wicked thoughts again. We missed you and sent sweet thoughts up north to you.

~ Gwen, a.k.a. Bazzethound
    Your VP of Underwater Fire Prevention

7. reallybigmeandog says:

Hai Baz. I’m so glad to see you. I’m very happy to hear things are well in Bazzetland and the bazzlings are well. I hope I meet up with him sometime in the hereafter just so I can say thank you for giving me the strength to not give up on the human race. We really lost a special human being. really and truly. Hugs back and so am I. Bout time don’t you think.
    You’ve been promoted to President of Underwater fire prevention by the way.

8. bazzethound says:

Sweet!! I’ve been promoted!
    …guess I should show up to work at the Pound sometime soon.😂

Just another site