A Change Of Fortunes

Hello my loyal subjects, tis me, your wayward queen back for some startling news updates.

So in a nutshell I don’t do people.  I am agoraphobic (and yes I know most of you know), and Have severe PTSD and Battered spouse syndrome (and again I know most of you know.

I got extremely depressed about the house maybe being taken and went way into my head for a bit.  I find interesting things there sometimes and I found me a doozy this time.  I can work with animals, actually went to school for it.  Animal Sciences for the win.

Just for shits and giggles I applied for a job at a pig farm that was not supposed to start till December as support staff.  So I got an email back asking if I was aware of that and said yes and asked how many people worked there and when I was told I was shocked at the amount of people and was about to politely nope out when she says how would you feel about running a swine farm elsewhere.  I asked if anyone else worked there and they said nope, nuh uh, it would just be me till the barn was full then I could hire someone or they would provide someone my choice according to my contract.

I know a lot about Swine.  Swine helped pay for my house actually.  There are a lot of new diseases than there were in the 80’s and 90’s but it is basically same shit different day.  So I said I would interview.  I took a Lot of anti-anxiety medication for that interview.

I was genuinely pleased to meet to of the nicest people you could just randomly meet.  I gave them the rundown of what I know about pigs, about dealing with the government, about rules and regulations and I thought it went well.  Then they asked if I wanted to see the farm and of course I did so we went.  45 minutes from my house to here.  they had weaners in the barn already so somebody was having to make two trips a day to check on them.  I thought the interview went well, I was a little concerned because everything in the barn was built for tall people and I’m 4’11.  I need a stick to reach some of the light switches.  Plus I’m sure the thought of how I was going to move a 200kg downer crossed their minds.  I’m brilliant that is how.

It was between me and another guy and I assumed they would go with the guy just because more muscle and he was way taller than me.

I have to tell you, I cried when they called and told me they would love to offer me the position.  I could not say yes fast enough.  Oh and the job comes with a house.  An enormous house.  so I just walk outside to my work every day.

Got everything moved finally, got a bin for the garbage and for the roofing shingles that are coming off next week so the roof can be done, then I am renovating the house I own and selling it to pay my back taxes and  investing the rest.

the work is very physical and I am tired and sore and you have not lived until you have been hog bitten.  That really hurts.  I have also cut myself on a piece of metal inside a feeder and gotten more rips and tears in my skin than I care to count and it is all worth it.

Farming is in my blood and even when I hate it I love it.

Love and miss you all

RBMD peacing the fuck out

13 Responses to A Change Of Fortunes

1. Staceychris says:

I am so thrilled you are doing so so much better!! I guess it’s true when the door closes, somewhere a window opens ♥ I couldn’t be happier for you.

thank you so much for such a nice comment

• Skabootch says:

I have followed you for years – starting with “Stabby” always read rare if ever comment. This was a huge change in fortunes for you and I am so happy things are going well. There is hope 🙂

2. reallybigmeandog says:

there actually is hope and I was a firm believer that there was none and that I just wanted this ride over as quickly as possible.

• Skabootch says:

I am at the “waiting for the ride to be over” stage. Kids are grown, husband has passed, no one bothers and I don’t drive and live fairly rural. I would say I am alive but not really living lol So I’m not in a particular hurry and hope would be a good thing to have 🙂

3. Constance says:

Congratulations!!! Very good news, and glad that things are on the upswing. A big house, and easy walk to work, and the ability to renovate and then pay off the other house and sell it. 2019 will be a happy year for you.

Kelly, I’m thrilled for you and your resilience! I’d rather work with swine than people any day! Are your doggies and son able to go with you?

5. reallybigmeandog says:

the dogs are of course here, my son stayed for school.

6. Linda Brunetto says:

Very good news! You just never know when a blessing is coming your way, all because you had the guts to make that phone call…. you took the first step and the blessings rolled in!

Excellent news, I’m happy that you found a job that will allow you to get caught up and enjoy your work as well! Things are going to get better now, I’m so happy for you!!!